I love Valentines Day, but not for the mushy stuff! For the fun Valentines Day craft ideas, the Valentines Day activities and of course, the Valentines Day treats!
It’s a lot of fun to help my kids make sweet little cards and treats for the people they love. Some of these crafts and treats are printable, and they are all elementary school kid approved!
These 25 Valentine’s Day Crafts and Activities are great to make for friends and school functions. They are also just as fun at home…even if your child is doing Valentines virtual this year.
This post contains affiliate links.
Valentine’s Day Ideas for Kids
Remember the fun of taking homemade Valentines (or those little store-bought ones that you punch out) to class and drop them in the homemade Valentine mailbox, i.e. shoebox on everyone’s desk?
Remember cutting out pink, red and white paper hearts by folding the paper in half and carefully cutting the 1/2 heart shape?
Remember all those chocolate treats?
Let’s make some memories this year with our kids on Valentine’s Day!
Make Your Own Valentines at Home
Instead of digging through bins of Valentines at the store this year, make your own! These DIY valentines are so easy and fun to make!
Printable Bee Mine Bracelet Valentine
Make a yellow and black band bracelet, with a rainbow loom, and add it to construction paper to make a “Bee Mine” Bracelet Valentine!
Homemade Heart-shaped Crayon Valentines
Kids will love these classic, Heart-Shaped Crayon Valentines, from The Nerd’s Wife. We have a few more designs that she created especially for Kids Activities Blog including You Color My World Valentine…awwww, so sweet!
Homemade Valentine Fortunes
Looking for a unique valentine idea? Check out this Fruit Roll-Up Fortune Cookie Valentine from Simplistically Living. It even comes with a free fortune printable!
Hand out Homemade Valentine Slime
Bubble Valentines to Make & Give
Your kids will love these Printable Bubble Valentines! Your friendship blows me away is on the free printable card you can print to add to these cute Valentines.
Hand out a gift that kids will definitely use (and is not a sugary treat!) with these fun Printable Watercolor Valentines! They say that Our Friendship is a Work of Art!
Pokemon Valentines to Give
Do you have any Pokemon fans in your house? They will love these Pokemon Valentines from The Nerd’s Wife!
Cutest Pot o’ Cereal Valentines
Spread some luck with this adorable Pot Of Cereal Valentine from Simplistically Living.
Make a Homemade Valentines Day Card
Follow these simple instructions on how to make a awesome Valentines card. These make great crafts to send to grandma or those you love who are far away.
DIY Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids
When I was a kid, money was tight, so we made most of our holiday decorations with our mom. One of my fondest memories, is being huddled around the coffee table with construction paper and old magazines, making a huge Valentine’s Day garland with my little brother.
Sure, you can buy cute decorations at the store, but making them is way more memorable!
Bee Mine Craft for Preschoolers & Kindergartners
Craft a Valentines Counting Game
This fun Valentine’s Day Counting Game is a simple way to practice a little math in a festive way.
Make a Heart Sun Catcher
This DIY Heart Sun Catcher is adorable and it’s a super easy craft for even the youngest kids to make!
Make Valentine Handprint Art
Decorate your walls, and create a sweet keepsake, with this Valentine’s Day Handprint Art!
Make a Valentine Photo Frame
Looking for a fun valentine idea for grandparents? Help your kids make a Valentine’s Day Photo Frame out of conversation hearts!
Make Valentine Slime
Craft a Valentine’s Tree
Make a Valentine Penguin Craft
Use this simple tutorial on how to make a penguin with bottle after you visit your recycling bin and choosing just the right penguin-size item!
Make a Washi Tape Heart
We love this super easy heart craft that is not only fun to make but turns out really lovely…no matter whether you do it “perfectly” or not!
Make Cupid’s Paper Darts
Make Valentine heart straws that double as Cupid’s paper arrows! It is all a very adorable Valentine craft for kids.
Heart Tic Tac Toe Craft
Free Printable Valentine Coloring Pages & More
Valentine Coloring Pages
We absolutely love free printable coloring pages and the holiday of Valentine’s Day inspired us to create a lot of really fun things to color at home or in the classroom:
- St. Valentine coloring pages
- Preschool Valentine coloring pages…the little love birds are so cute!
- Cute Valentine coloring pages for kids…coffee & donut are a perfect match.
- Be my Valentine coloring pages
- Valentine coloring cards
- Baby Shark Valentine coloring pages
- Printable Valentine’s Day Poster-size coloring page
- Valentine color-by-number
- Toddler Valentine coloring pages
- Heart coloring pages
- Valentine doodles
- Circus Valentine coloring pages
- Valentine train coloring pages
- free printable valentine coloring pages – these aren’t mushy at all!
- Valentine heart coloring pages
- I love you mom coloring page
- Zentangle heart coloring page
- Happy Valentines Day coloring page
- We found a bunch of Valentine coloring page free from across the internet you don’t want to miss!
- See our huge collection of Valentine coloring pages! <–Click here to view them all in one place
I Love You Printable
Let your kids fill out this sweet ‘I Love You Because’ Printable for the special people in their life.
Valentine Word Search Printable
This Printable Valentine’s Day Word Search isn’t just fun, it’s educational, too!
Homemade Valentine Treats
Half the fun of Valentine’s Day is all of the yummy Valentine’s Day chocolate and treats!
- Valentine’s Day Pretzels are a quick and easy treat the kids can help make!
- Fruity Pebble Hearts – These treats are similar to rice krispie treats but they use cereal and chocolate!
- Foodie Fun’s Mini Heart pizzas are the perfect way to show your family how much you love them, for Valentine’s Day dinner!
- Do you have to make a treat for your kiddo’s school party? Check out these yummy Valentine’s Day Cookie Recipes, for inspiration.
- Valentine’s Day Candy Bark can be broken up into pieces, and put into cute Valentine’s Day treat bags with ribbons and tags for your little one to hand out to their class. Or, you can had it out at the office to your work buddies!
- Turn an empty soap box into a DIY miniature box of chocolates!
- Valentine’s Day S’mores Bark is an easy dessert for kids to make, with: graham crackers, marshmallows, and Valentine’s Day M&Ms. You can also make these gluten free, using gluten-free graham crackers, gluten-free marshmallows, and gluten-free chocolate candies!
More Valentine’s Day Crafts & Activities
Now that you’ve started crafting and baking for Valentine’s Day, here are some more ideas to try!
- 25 Sweet Valentine’s Day Treats
- 30 Awesome Valentine’s Day Party Ideas For Kids
- Valentine Stone Heart Craft Kids Will Love
- Homemade Valentines you can make today.
Happy Valentine’s Day! Let’s have some heart-filled fun!