These pink dipped and decorated pretzels are perfect for a Valentine’s Day treat for kids because they are so easy to make. We love making these easy Valentine’s Day Pretzels to give to special friends and family. Kids can make them unique by adding special sprinkles on top of the chocolate. This Valentines treat is easy and fun to make and tastes crunchy, sweet and delicious!
Pink Pretzels for Valentines
Dipping and decorating pretzel rods have been a holiday favorite at my house. Valentine’s Day lends itself so easily to pretzel decorations due to all the fun sprinkles you can find including hearts and more.
One of the reasons we really love this easy pretzel idea is that the kids can be involved with nearly every step! That gives me as mom a chance to be a participant instead of doing everything myself. Let’s make Valentines pretzel rods together…
This post contains affiliate links.
Ingredients Needed for Dipped Pretzel Rods with Candy Melts
Melt Candy Melts for Dipping Valentine Pretzels
Add the candy melts to a microwavable bowl. We used pink candy melts, but you could use other colors including combining colors like the white/cream candy melts and red to make a brighter pink color. If you are choosing to make several colors, each will need its own bowl.
- In a microwave, melt the candy melts in a glass dish at 50% power.
- Start with a minute, then stir.
- If not melted smoothly after 1 minute, repeat in 30 second intervals.
Can You Melt Chocolate Chips for Dipping Valentine Pretzels?
You can substitute semi-sweet chocolate chips for candy melts if you have those on hand! In fact, any type of meltable chocolate or chocolate chip will work. We prefer the candy melts just because it brings more of the Valentine colors: white, pink and red to the dipped Valentine pretzels, but you could just use more colorful sprinkles to decorate.
Follow the melting instructions above if you use chocolate chips.
Directions for Making Dipping Valentine Pretzels
Cover an area of your working space with wax paper or parchment paper that you will use to let the dipped pretzels cool. You can use a wire rack, but we have found that ends up being pretty messy underneath and best to use wax paper or parchment paper there to catch the excess chocolate or candy melts.
Dip the pretzel rod or traditional pretzel shape into the warm candy melt or melted chocolate and move it around until the desired amount of candy has covered the pretzel. I like this method because we aren’t covering the entire pretzel so there is a “handle” for your fingers to stay out of the mess.
Tap the pretzel on the edge of the bowl to let excess candy/chocolate to drip off and place dipped pretzel on wax paper.
Decorating Dipped Pretzel Rods
Grab your favorite sprinkles…
Wait. I don’t have any heart shaped sprinkles…
Shhh…don’t tell the kids! We are going to use what we have on hand here at the house which are some pretty pink, red and white sprinkles that will make it feel very Valentine’s Day with the pink candy dip.
You will want to add the sprinkles and candy decoration to the dipped pretzels right away while the candy hasn’t cooled completely allowing them to stick.
The wax paper will handle the overflow candy mess.
Add sprinkles before chocolate hardens.
- 1 bag of pretzels or pretzel rods
- 1 bag candy melts (we used pink)
- Sprinkles - Valentine variety
- Place candy melts in microwave-safe bowl - keeping colors separate if desired.
- Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute.
- Repeat with 30 second intervals until melted fully.
- Dip the ends of pretzel rods or pretzels into the melted mixture.
- Tap off extra candy coating.
- Lay on wax or parchment paper.
- Decorate with sprinkles before candy dipping cools.
How to Give Valentine Pretzels as a Gift
These pretzels are so cute packaged for Valentine’s Day treats. Just place in a treat bag and add fun ribbon.
Honestly, the hardest part of this delicious edible craft is not eating them before giving them away!
MORE PRETZEL FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Angel Pretzels
- Pretzel Rod Snakes
- Star Wars Lightsaber Treats
- Smiley Face pretzel treats
- Pretzel recipes kids love
- Cinnamon sugar pretzels
- Make a marshmallow snowman
- Kid-made treats are adorable gifts.
MORE EASY HOMEMADE VALENTINES – MAKE & GIVE
- We have over 80 school Valentine ideas that don’t take much time, energy, money or craft skills!
- Oh! And check out these easy and fun homemade Valentine box ideas for your kids card collection.
- Check out these really easy DIY Valentines cards that work for kids from toddler to preschool age.
- We know that girls will love these too, but in a house full of boys I need Valentines for boys.
- These sweet & cute DIY Valentines are sure to please.
- Print off these Baby Shark Valentine cards!
- We have a big collection of the cutest bracelet Valentines!
- For more printable fun, check out our huge collection of Valentines Coloring Pages for both kids & adults.
- And all of Kids Activities Blog Valentines Day Ideas can be seen in one place!
Did you enjoy making these pretzels? Let us know in the comments!