Are you looking forward to a Valentine’s Day party at your kid’s school?
We’ve put together 30 Awesome Valentine’s Day Party Ideas for Kids to get your Valentine’s Day party off to a great start!
Growing up, it was one of my favorite holidays–the decorations, the treats, the crafts, and the valentines themselves are so fun!
This post contains affiliate links.
30 Awesome Valentine’s Day Party Ideas for Kids
Crafts & Activities
- Teach kids good habits with this recycled “Be my Valentine” craft. via Kids Activities Blog
- Here’s a classic Valentine’s Day party idea kids will love, Valentine’s Day heart bingo. via Teach Mama
- This “my heart is bursting” activity looks like such a FUN game for kids to play for a classroom Valentine’s Day party, or even at home! via Balancing Home
- Learn beginner printmaking skills in this easy Valentine craft. via Kids Activities Blog
- This toilet paper roll love bug craft is so adorable for Valentine’s Day! via Red Ted Art
- Kids will love playing this classic “I spy” game with a Valentine’s Day twist– and a FREE printable. via Live Laugh Rowe
- How cute are these Valentine bags? All you need is a paper bag and a few craft supplies you probably already have on hand. via Kids Activities Blog
- Build with marshmallows! Kids will enjoy inserting toothpicks into heart shaped marshmallows and making their own creations with this fun idea. via Buggy and Buddy
- Use tissue paper or construction paper to make Valentine’s Day snowflakes. via Red Ted Art
- A craft table is always popular with kids; stock it with heart shapes, stickers, sequins, paper lace, washable markers, google eyes, etc. and let them make funny Valentine characters. You can get some more Valentine’s Day craft ideas here.
- Make these pretty heart trees for your Valentine’s Day party. via I Gotta Create
- Be sure to check out this dollar tree paper lace banner. It’s super easy to make, and looks adorable! via Premeditated Leftovers
- Make Valentine’s Day handprint keepsakes and decorate the classroom! Parents can take them home after the party. via Teach Me Mommy
- Use those puzzles with missing pieces to make a puzzle hearts craft for your Valentine’s Day party. via Freshly Found
- A DIY Valentine’s Day banner is a must-have decoration! via Vicky Barone
- This minute to win it Valentine’s Day class party is all set up for you with easy to follow directions. via Teach Mama
- Make Valentine sun catchers for a Valentine’s Day gift that will brighten those winter windows! via Kids Activities Blog
- Move over Christmas tree, it’s time for a Valentine’s Day tree! via Kids Activities Blog
- Create a bunch of Valentine’s Day Heart Stones, and place them in a glass bowl for an easy DIY centerpiece. via Kids Activities Blog
Party Snack Recipes
- Kids will be begging for more Valentine’s Day s’mores! via Kids Activities Blog
- Let kids know there are so many “raisins” why you’re glad they’re a friend with this healthy Valentine’s Day treat idea. via Fantabulosity
- These oreo pops look so pretty and yummy. They make a great treat to add to your Valentine’s Day party table! via Happiness is Homemade
- These conversation heart rice krispies treats are super yummy. via Kids Activities Blog
- How about some Valentine’s Day popcorn for your Valentine’s Day party? Check out this recipe. via Two Sisters Crafting
- Since it’s so cold out, how about making some strawberry hot chocolate for your Valentine’s Day party? via Kids Activities Blog
- Write fun love-filled messages on fruit in this healthy Valentine’s Day inspired snack. via Cake Whiz.
- These love bug fruit cups are almost too adorable to eat! via The Melrose Family
- Help kids pair up and race with this Valentine’s Day word scramble. via Moritz Fine Designs
- See how many words you can make in this Valentine’s Day word puzzle. Loving this FREE printable. via Resourceful Mama
- Boys will think these 21 FREE printable Valentines cards are super cool! via Spaceships and Laser Beams
- Also check out these 25 FREE Valentine Coloring Pages for kids that will be great to add to your Valentine’s Day activities! via Kids Activities Blog
How About Valentine’s Day Party Ideas For Preschoolers?
Most of these ideas can be tailored to work for the littlest of party guests!
Preschoolers love coloring, painting, and cutting with scissors (with supervision).
They also love being helpers! That’s one of the sweetest things about this age, and it ties in perfectly with Valentine’s Day, since the entire holiday is about thinking of others.
Have your preschooler help you decorate and prep for your party. They can help with making valentines for their classmates, and they can also help you whip up some Valentine’s Day treats!
The biggest tip to make a party the best it can be for preschoolers, is to limit the time. Keep it under two hours, and keep their activities short and sweet, in order to keep them interested!
Valentine’s Day is the simplest holiday to celebrate and sending your guests home after a fun and busy time together is the best Valentine of all!
More Valentine’s Day Fun
Make your own DIY Valentine’s Day sensory jar filled with lots of glitter, so much fun! Spread the love and decorate these Valentine’s Day stones with kind messages, and leave them around in public for strangers to find. Be sure to fill everyone’s sweet tooth with these 25+ Sweet Valentine’s Day treats!
Do you love these valentines day party ideas as much as we do? What did you decide to do for your party? Leave us a comment and let us know!