This simple homemade kids Valentines idea are crayon Valentines that you can make and give from this free printable. Start by making your own galaxy crayons for bright and colorful fun! Then turn your colorful crayons into fun Crayon Valentines Day card which are currently are all the rage that kids can take to school and hand out to their friends on Valentines Day.
DIY Galaxy Crayon Valentines for Kids
The first thing we will do is make the galaxy crayons. All you need is a box of crayons – I love using leftover crayons, broken pieces and found crayons – and a silicone mold.
Related: Mega list of Kids Valentines for School
What Colors Do You Need To Make Galaxy Crayons?
The galaxy if filled with colors. Traditional galaxy colors involve black, white, blue, purple, and pinks. It is generally very dark, and that would make for an interesting crayon. But for these DIY galaxy crayons you can use any colors you want. Keeping them all in the similar shade will make coloring a little easier as they won’t be mixing and changing too much.
This post contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed To Make Star Shaped Galaxy Crayons
How To Make Star Shaped Galaxy Crayons
Start by going through the box of crayons and adding all similar shades to one pile.
Then remove the labels from the crayons and cut them into small pieces. Add them to the silicone mold — keep like colors together.
Bake at 250 degrees for 15-20 minutes until the crayons are fully melted.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Once hardened, remove from the silicone mold.
Make sure you put a cookie sheet under the molds. It will make it easier to avoid spills and burns.
Make Your Star Shaped Galaxy Crayons Sparkle
- You can also add a little glitter to them to make them sparkle and shine like a real star!
- Or you could even melt down glitter crayons. I believe a couple different popular art brands make them.
- They also make confetti crayons which have finer glitter in them that would also work.
- Don’t want to use a star? That’s fine! You can use a heart mold to make crayons hearts.
- You can use all sorts of crayon pieces in different molds and melt them. Use any silicone mold you want. Heart shape, circles, stars, you name it! Then add it to a Valentine card that you printed out on card stock.
How to Use Your Crayons To Make A Valentine’s Day Card… You Color My World!
If you’re looking for colorful and unique Valentine’s Day cards, we have the perfect ones for you! Every kid loves to color, but let’s take it up a notch with super fun Galaxy Crayon Valentines!
Download And Print Your Free Crayon Valentine Printable PDF File:
Cut them out.
Use the glue dots to attach the crayons to the cards.
Finished Crayon Valentines
Be sure to sign your name on your crayon printable so your friends all know who to thank for the awesome Valentine’s day card and galaxy crayons.
Now you have valentines that are super cute and double as activities for your kids and their friends!
- Star silicone mold
- Assorted Crayons
- Printable “You Color My World” Valentine Cards
- Glue Dots
- Start by removing the labels from the crayons and cut them into small pieces.
- Add them to the silicone mold — keep like colors together.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 15-20 minutes until the crayons are fully melted.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once hardened, remove from the silicone mold.
More Valentine’s Card Ideas From Kids Activities Blog:
- Check out these cute Valentine coloring cards!
- We have 80+ cute Valentine cards!
- You’ll definitely want to make these DIY Valentine’s Day yarn heart cards.
- Take a gander at these Valentine cards you can print at home and bring to school.
- Here are 10 simple homemade Valentines for toddlers through kindergarteners.
- You’ll need something to hold those Valentine’s! Check out this homemade Valentine’s mail box for school.
- These printable bubble Valentines will make anyone bubbly.
- How silly! Here are 20 Goofy Valentines for boys.
- Feeling sweet? These 25 super easy and lovely homemade Valentines will make anyone smile!
- These Valentine slime cards are so awesome!
- See these cute valentines coloring pages!
- Put your Valentine’s day cards in these cute Valentine bags!
- Check out these galaxy crafts too!
- Don’t miss out on these other great Crayon art ideas!
How did your galaxy crayon Valentines cards turn out? Let us know in the comments, we’d love to hear from you!