Fun Activities for Older Kids
Elementary school kids are creative, capable, and so much fun! Sometimes they just need a good idea for how to spend their time. Generally kids in grade school or primary school are between 6-12 and that is what we targeted with these ideas.
Pssst…having fun with kids ages 6-12 is easy because they like the same things as we do!
We have activity ideas for all personality types and skill level. Indoor activities, outside activities, games, crafts, and even screen-time recommendations.
Related: Teacher Appreciation Week <–everything you need
Scroll below to see all the fun ideas!
WHAT ARE SOME GOOD CRAFTS FOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL KIDS?
Middle school kids can make some great crafts. We love crafts because they provide hours of entertainment and provide a sense of accomplishment. We think that art activities for kids of any age should be with free or inexpensive materials and supplies — especially those that you already have on hand. Kids can learn to get creative with these arts & craft supplies and make something completely unique to them.
- Let’s make a cool butterfly craft
- Oh so many flower craft ideas you don’t want to miss!
- I love each and every dinosaur craft on this list.
- Color paper craft ideas for all that paper you already have
- Animal crafts & farm craft ideas!
- Have you seen our kids craft ideas or 5 minute craft ideas?
HOW CAN I KEEP ELEMENTARY SCHOOL KIDS ENTERTAINED INSIDE?
Staying inside can be a challenge when trying to entertain elementary school kids. But we have great ideas that can pass the time while also making memories.
- Kids will have a blast reading these 50 random facts!
- You can also take them on a virtual field trip!
- Check out this list of indoor games, too.
- Our family loves to play board games…here are our favorite board games.