Making an ‘O is for octopus craft’ is a fun way to introduce a new letter. This Letter O Craft is one of our favorite letter O activities for preschoolers because the word octopus starts with O and the letter craft is shaped like the letter O. This letter O preschool craft works well at home or in the preschool classroom.
Easy Letter O Craft
Preschoolers can either draw the letter O shape themselves or use our letter O template. Our favorite part of this letter craft is attaching pom poms and googly eyes to make an octopus!
Related: More easy letter O crafts
This article contains affiliate links.
Watch How To Make Preschool O Is For Octopus Craft
Instructions For Letter O Preschool Craft: Octopus
Step 1 – Create the Letter O Shape
Trace and cut out letter O or download, print and cut out this letter O template:
Step 2 – Give Craft a Canvas Foundation
Glue the letter O onto the piece of construction paper of a contrasting color.
Step 3 – Add the Octopus Details to the Letter O
- For the octopus eyes: Add the googly eyes to the top of the O with glue.
- For the octopus tentacles: Use strips of construction paper to glue to the bottom of the O to make tentacles.
- For the octopus suckers: Glue pom poms to the tentacles of your letter o octopus craft.
Finished O is for Octopus Craft
O is for octopus craft is done!
More Ways to Learn the Letter O from Kids Activities Blog
- Big resource of letter O learning for kids of all ages.
- Super easy O is for Octopus Craft for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Fun O is for Octopus Crafts…so many to choose from.
- We love this O is for Octopus coloring pages.
- Print these Letter O worksheets.
- Practice with these Letter O tracing worksheets.
- Don’t forget this letter o coloring page!
What changes did you make to the O is for octopus preschool craft?