Making an ‘W is for whale craft’ is a fun way to introduce a new letter of the alphabet. This Letter W Craft is one of our favorite letter W activities for preschoolers because the word whale starts with W and the letter craft is shaped like the letter W. This letter W preschool craft works well at home or in the preschool classroom.
Easy Letter W Craft
Preschoolers can either draw the letter W shape themselves or use our letter W template. Our favorite part of this letter craft is attaching the pipe cleaners and construction paper to make an whale!
Related: More easy letter W crafts
This article contains affiliate links.
- construction paper in any color but white
- letter W cut out on white paper or construction paper or printed letter a template – see below
- googly eyes
- scissors or preschool training scissors
Watch How To Make Preschool W Is For Whale Craft
Instructions For Letter W Preschool Craft: Whale
Step 1 – Create the Letter W Shape
Trace and cut out letter W or download, print and cut out this letter W template:
Step 2 – Give Craft a Canvas Foundation
Glue the letter W onto the piece of construction paper of a contrasting color.
Step 3 – Add the Whale Details to the Letter W
- For the whale: Cut out a head and fin from the construction paper and glue on both sides of the W.
- For the face: Glue the googly eyes to the head of the letter W whale.
- For the water: Make water coming out of the blow hole by curling pipe cleaners and gluing them to the top of the letter W whale.
Finished W is for Whale Craft
W is for Whale craft is done!
More Ways to Learn the Letter W from Kids Activities Blog
- Big resource of letter W learning for kids of all ages.
- Super easy W is for Whale Craft for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Fun W is for whale facts coloring pages. Educational and fun!
- We love this W is for Whale zentangle coloring page!
- Print these Letter W worksheets.
- Practice with these Letter W tracing worksheets.
- Don’t forget this letter W coloring page!
What changes did you make to the W is for Whale preschool craft?