Making an ‘G is for giraffe craft’ is a fun way to introduce the very first alphabet letter. This Letter G Craft is one of our favorite letter G activities for preschoolers because the word giraffe starts with G and the letter craft is shaped like the letter G. This letter G preschool craft works well at home or in the preschool classroom.
Easy Letter G Craft
Preschoolers can either draw the letter G shape themselves or use our letter G template. Our favorite part of this letter craft is attaching the clothes clips and pipe cleaners to make a giraffe!
Related: More easy letter G crafts
This article contains affiliate links.
- Letter G cut out from cardboard.
- Giraffe ears and head (cut out from the cardboard)
- 1 black pipe cleaner
- 1 black pom pom
- 2 googly eyes
- Yellow and brown paint and a brush
- Clothes pins (preferably yellow ones)
- scissors or preschool training scissors
Watch How To Make Preschool G Is For Giraffe Craft
Instructions For The Letter G Preschool Craft: Giraffe
Step 1 – Create the Letter G Shape
Trace and cut out the letter G or download, print, and trace out this letter G template:
Step 2 – Give Craft a Canvas Foundation
Glue the letter G onto the piece of construction paper of a contrasting color.
Step 3- Add the Giraffe Details to the Letter G
- For the giraffe body: Paint the face, ears, and body yellow with red dots.
- For the giraffe face: Glue on the google eyes and the pom poms and use your black marker to make a smiley face.
- For the giraffe head: Cut out a circle for the face of the giraffe and glue it to the top of the letter G. Don’t forget to cut out ovals for ears and glue them to the back of the giraffe head.
- For the giraffe antennas: Shape the pipe cleaner to look like antennas and glue them onto the back of the head of the giraffe.
- For the giraffe legs: Clip them to the bottom of the letter G.
Finished G is for Angel Craft
G is for giraffe craft is done!
More Ways to Learn the Letter G from Kids Activities Blog
- Big resource of letter G learning for kids of all ages.
- Super easy G is for Ghost Craft for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Fun G is for gnome Craft made from rocks.
- We love this G is for Ghost slime you can make.
- Print these Letter G worksheets.
- Practice with these Letter G tracing worksheets.
- Don’t forget this letter g coloring page!
What changes did you make to the G is for giraffe preschool craft?