Making an ‘H is for hippo craft’ is a fun way to introduce a new letter. This Letter H Craft is one of our favorite letter H activities for preschoolers because the word hippo starts with H and the letter craft is shaped like the letter H. This letter H preschool craft works well at home or in the preschool classroom.
Easy Letter H Craft
Preschoolers can either draw the letter H shape themselves or use our letter H template. Our favorite part of this letter craft is attaching the pom poms and paper to make an hippo!
Related: More easy letter H crafts
This article contains affiliate links.
- letter A cut out on white paper or construction paper or printed letter a template – see below
- Hippo head (cut out from the purple construction paper )
- 2 small white color square pieces
- 2 black pompoms
- 2 googly eyes
- red construction paper
- scissors or preschool training scissors
Watch How To Make Preschool H is for Hippo Craft
Instructions For Letter H Craft: Hippo
Step 1 – Create the Letter H Shape
Trace and cut out letter H or download, print and cut out this letter H template:
Step 2 – Give Craft a Canvas Foundation
Glue the letter H onto the piece of construction paper of a contrasting color.
Step 3 – Add the Hippo Details to the Letter H
- For the hippo head: Cut out the hippo head, teeth, and mouth. Glue the mouth in the middle of the letter H, then the teeth to the sides of the mouth, then glue the purple head on the letter H.
- For the hippo eyes: Glue on the googly eyes.
- For the hippo nose: Glue on pom poms for the nose.
Finished H Is For Hippo Craft
Your hippo letter H craft is done!
More Ways to Learn the Letter H from Kids Activities Blog
- Big resource of letter H learning for kids of all ages.
- Super easy H is for horse coloring craft for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Fun H is for hand Craft made from clothespins.
- We love this H is for this heart craft you can make.
- Print these Letter H worksheets.
- Practice with these Letter H tracing worksheets.
- Don’t forget this letter h coloring page!
What changes did you make to the H is for hippo preschool craft?