Making an ‘U is for umbrella craft’ is a fun way to introduce another letter of the alphabet. This Letter U Craft is one of our favorite letter U activities for preschoolers because the word umbrella starts with U and the letter craft is shaped like the letter U. This letter U preschool craft works well at home or in the preschool classroom.
Easy Letter U Craft
Preschoolers can either draw the letter U shape themselves or use our letter U template. Our favorite part of this letter craft is attaching the pipe cleaners and paper to make an umbrella!
Related: More easy letter U crafts
This article contains affiliate links.
- letter U cut out on white paper or construction paper or printed letter a template – see below
- Black pipe cleaner
- Black pom pom
- scissors or preschool training scissors
Watch How To Make Preschool U Is For Umbrella Craft
Instructions for Letter U Preschool Craft: Umbrella
Step 1 – Create the Letter U Shape
Trace and cut out letter U or download, print and cut out this letter U template:
Step 2 – Give Craft a Canvas Foundation
Glue the letter U onto the piece of construction paper of a contrasting color.
Step 3 – Add the Umbrella Details to the Letter U
- For the umbrella: Cut out the shape of the umbrella and glue it above the U.
- For the umbrella handle: Take the pipe cleaner and trim it down and glue it to the U and umbrella top.
- For the top of the Umbrella: Add a pom pom with glue on top of the umbrella.
- For the rain: Cut out pieces of blue construction paper and glue it around the umbrella.
Finished U is for Umbrella Craft
U is for Umbrella craft is done!
More Ways to Learn the Letter U from Kids Activities Blog
- Big resource of letter U learning for kids of all ages.
- Super easy U is for Umbrella coloring Craft for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Fun U is for Umbrella coloring Crafts are so much fun.
- Print these Letter U worksheets.
- Practice with these Letter U tracing worksheets.
- Don’t forget this letter u coloring page!
What changes did you make to the U is for Umbrella preschool craft?