Making an ‘N is for nest craft’ is a fun way to introduce a new letter. This Letter N Craft is one of our favorite letter N activities for preschoolers because the word nest starts with N and the letter craft is shaped like the letter N. This letter N preschool craft works well at home or in the preschool classroom.
Easy Letter N Craft
Preschoolers can either draw the letter N shape themselves or use our letter N template. Our favorite part of this letter craft is attaching the construction paper, googly eyes, and yarn to make an nest!
Related: More easy letter O crafts
This article contains affiliate links.
- Black (or brown) color construction paper
- 3 different construction paper (for baby birds, their noses and mama bird)
- 4 googly eyes
- yellow yarn
- scissors or preschool training scissors
Watch How To Make Preschool N Is For Nest Craft
Instructions For Letter N Preschool Craft: Nest
Step 1 – Create the Letter N Shape
Trace and cut out letter N or download, print and cut out this letter N template:
Step 2 – Give Craft a Canvas Foundation
Glue the letter N onto the piece of construction paper of a contrasting color.
Step 3 – Add the Nest Details to the Letter N
- For the birds in the nest: Cut out a bird for the top of the N and 2 birds for the nest.
- For the birds face in the nest: Glue googly eyes and beaks to the birds and then glue the birds at the top of the N and at the bottom of the letter n.
- For the nest: Glue pieces of yarn across the bottom of the birds.
Finished N is for Nest Craft
N is for Nest craft is done!
More Ways to Learn the Letter N from Kids Activities Blog
- Big resource of letter N learning for kids of all ages.
- Super easy N is for Noodle Craft for toddlers and preschoolers. Make a lightsaber with pool noodles.
- Fun N is for Needle Painting Craft done with pine needles.
- We love this N is for Night playdough you can make.
- Print these Letter N worksheets.
- Practice with these Letter N tracing worksheets.
- Don’t forget this letter n coloring page!
What changes did you make to the N is for nest preschool craft?