Y is for Yarn Craft – Preschool Y Craft
Making an ‘Y is for yarn craft’ is a fun way to introduce another letter of the alphabet. This Letter Y Craft is one of our favorite letter Y activities for preschoolers because the word yarn starts with Y and the letter craft is shaped like the letter Y. This letter Y preschool craft works well at home or in the preschool classroom.
Easy Letter Y Craft
Preschoolers can either draw the letter Y shape themselves or use our letter Y template. Our favorite part of this letter craft is attaching the felt and yarn to make a yarn!
Related: More easy letter Y crafts
This article contains affiliate links.
Watch How To Make Preschool Y is For Yarn Craft
Instructions For Letter Y Preschool Craft: Yarn
Step 1 – Create the Letter Y Shape
Trace and cut out letter Y or download, print and cut out this letter Y template:
Step 2 – Give Craft a Canvas Foundation
Glue the letter Y onto the piece of construction paper of a contrasting color.
Step 3 – Add the Yarn Details to the Letter Y
- For the letter Y: Punch holes throughout your letter y so you can thread the yarn.
- For the yarn: Tape one end of the yarn to the back of the y and thread the yarn through the holes.
Finished Y is for Angel Craft
Y is for Yarn craft is done!
More Ways to Learn the Letter Y from Kids Activities Blog
- Big resource of letter Y learning for kids of all ages.
- Super easy Y is for yarn Craft for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Fun Y is for yarn Craft made from all colors of yarn.
- We love this y is for yarn heart craft you can make.
- Print these Letter Y worksheets.
- Practice with these Letter Y tracing worksheets.
- Don’t forget this letter y coloring page!
What changes did you make to the Y is for yarn preschool craft?