This Fall, turn a pizza pan from the Dollar Store into a cute pumpkin door hanger! I just love decorating for Fall — pumpkins, leaves, burlap, and all things Autumn. And even the simplest item (like a pizza pan!) can be transformed into an adorable pumpkin with just a few steps!
Make a Pumpkin Door Hanger
Here’s what you need to make a Pumpkin Door Hanger from a pizza pan: (affiliate links included)
- Round Pizza Pan
- Orange Spray Paint
- Orange Paint Marker
- White Acrylic Paint
- Orange Acrylic Paint
- Red Acrylic Paint
- Clear Sealer
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue
- Green Ribbon
- Dowel Rod
How to Make a Pumpkin Door Hanger:
Start by spray painting the pan with a base coat of orange and allow to dry completely. Repeat on the other side. Add a second coat to reach desired coverage.
Once dry, use the paint marker to outline the five sections of your pumpkin. Go over those lines with the orange acrylic paint — thickening them up. Paint around the outside edge of the pan, too.
Add accent lines in each section with the orange paint. Then add some accent lines in white paint. Finally, mix a bit of red paint into the orange paint and add some dark lines to the bottom of the pumpkin to give the appearance of shadows.
Seal with the clear sealer once dry.
Secure one end of the green ribbon to the end of a dowel rod with a clothespin. Wrap the ribbon tightly around the dowel rod, overlapping each layer slightly. Cut and secure the other end with a clothespin.
Place on a baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Once cool, remove the ribbon from the dowel rod — you now have a curled ribbon for the “vine” of your pumpkin!
Cut a square of the burlap and fold it in half vertically — this will be the stem of your pumpkin. Use the hot glue gun to secure it to the back of your pan pumpkin.
Tie the curled green ribbon around the burlap so that it hangs on one side and looks like a vine growing out of the stem. Secure with hot glue.
Now your pumpkin is ready to hang!
If you loved this pumpkin craft, you’ll also love our list of 30 Pumpkin Activities for Kids <– there are so many cute ones to choose from!
Have you put up your Fall decorations yet?
Looking For More Fall Fun?
- Make your house smell like fall bliss!
- Let us show you how to make a paper pumpkin. It’s the cutest little craft that is easy for kids.
- Apple treats are delicious and perfect for fall.
- These harvest themed crafts are a great reminder that the harvest season is in fall.
- Try these easy autumn desserts! You won’t regret it!
- Your little one will love this easy pumpkin pie playdough.
- Fall is here and what better way is there to celebrate it than these autumn crafts.
- These pretty fall crafts are easy and so much fun to do.
- Get messy with this fall fingerprint tree craft!
- This fall barn painting is not only cute, but super fun to make.
- Looking for toddler crafts? You’ll love these fall apple crafts for toddlers then.
- My kids adored these fall crafts using popsicle sticks!
- Teach your children about cherishing life with this thankful pumpkin idea.
- Remember how little your child was with this pumpkin handprint keepsake.
- Want something sweet and decadent? This pumpkin patch dessert recipe is perfect!
- This Jack Skellington rock painting projects are the cutest.