R is for Road Craft – Preschool R Craft
Making an ‘R is for road craft’ is a fun way to introduce a new letter of the alphabet. This Letter R Craft is one of our favorite letter R activities for preschoolers because the word road starts with R and the letter craft is shaped like the letter R. This letter R preschool craft works well at home or in the preschool classroom.
Easy Letter R Craft
Preschoolers can either draw the letter R shape themselves or use our letter R template. Our favorite part of this letter craft is attaching construction paper lines and cars to make a road!
Related: More easy letter R crafts
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies needed for letter R craft
- Black construction paper
- Yellow, green and orange construction paper
- scissors or preschool training scissors
Watch How To Make Preschool R For Road Craft
Instructions for Letter R Preschool Craft: Road
Step 1 – Create the Letter R Shape
Trace and cut out letter R or download, print and cut out this letter R template:
Step 2 – Give Craft a Canvas Foundation
Glue the letter R onto the piece of construction paper of a contrasting color.
Step 3 – Add the Road Details to the Letter R
- For the road stripes: Cut out white stripes and glue them on the letter r.
- For the cars on the road: Trace and cut out cars on construction paper and glue them on different sides of the letter r road.
Finished R is for Road Craft
R is for Road craft is done!
More Ways to Learn the Letter R from Kids Activities Blog
- Big resource of letter R learning for kids of all ages.
- Super easy R is for rabbit Craft for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Fun R is for rabbit Craft drawing craft.
- We love this R is for rings craft you can make.
- Print these Letter R worksheets.
- Practice with these Letter R tracing worksheets.
- Don’t forget this letter r coloring page!
What changes did you make to the R is for road preschool craft?