K is for Kite Craft – Preschool K Craft
Making an ‘K is for kite craft’ is a fun way to introduce a new letter. This Letter K Craft is one of our favorite letter K activities for preschoolers because the word kite starts with K and the letter craft is shaped like the letter K. This letter K preschool craft works well at home or in the preschool classroom.
Easy Letter K Craft
Preschoolers can either draw the letter K shape themselves or use our letter K template. Our favorite part of this letter craft is attaching the paper and strings to make a kite!
Related: More easy letter K crafts
This article contains affiliate links.
- Green construction paper
- Colorful construction paper
- scissors or preschool training scissors
Watch How to Make Preschool K is for Kite Craft
Instructions for Letter K Preschool Craft: Kite
Step 1 – Create the Letter K Shape
Trace and cut out letter K or download, print and cut out this letter K template:
Step 2 – Give Craft a Canvas Foundation
Glue the letter K onto the piece of construction paper of a contrasting color.
Step 3 – Add the Kite Details to the Letter K
- For the kite: Take 4 different colors of construction paper and cut out diamonds. Each diamond smaller than the next. Glue them on the left side of the K, one on top of each other.
- For the kite tail: Cut some string and glue it to the bottom side of the K and up to the bottom side of the kite.
- For the clouds: Cut some clouds out of blue construction paper and glue them onto the paper.
Finished K is for Kite craft!
Your “k is for kite” art project is finished and your kite is ready fly!
Watch a short video of how our K is for Kite craft was done. It turned out super cute!
More Ways to Learn the Letter K from Kids Activities Blog
- Big resource of letter K learning for kids of all ages.
- Super easy K is for Kangaroo coloring Craft for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Fun K is for King Craft made from toilet paper rolls.
- Print these Letter K worksheets.
- Practice with these Letter K tracing worksheets.
- Don’t forget this letter k coloring page!
What changes did you make to the K is for Kite preschool craft?