I love Valentines Day, but not for the mushy stuff! But for fun Valentine’s Day craft ideas, Valentine’s Day activities and of course, Valentine’s Day treats!
It’s a lot of fun to help my kids make sweet little cards and treats for the people they love. Some of these crafts and treats are printable, and they are all elementary school kids approved!
These 50 Valentine’s Day Crafts and Activities are great to make for friends and school functions. They are also just as fun at home…even if your child is doing Valentines virtual this year.
This post contains affiliate links.
LOVELY AND FUN Valentine’s Day Ideas for Kids
Remember the fun of taking homemade Valentines (or the little store-bought ones that you punched out) to class and dropping them in the homemade Valentine’s mailbox, i.e. shoebox on everyone’s desk?
Remember cutting out pink, red and white paper hearts by folding the paper in half and carefully cutting the 1/2 heart shape?
Remember all those chocolate treats?
Let’s make some memories this year with our kids on Valentine’s Day!
Make Your Own Valentines at Home
Instead of digging through the bins of Valentine’s at the store this year, make your own! These DIY valentines are so easy and fun to make!
1. Printable Bee Mine Bracelet Valentine
Kids of all ages can make a yellow and black band bracelet with a rainbow loom. Add it to construction paper to make a “Bee Mine” Bracelet Valentine!
2. Homemade Heart-shaped Crayon Valentine
Kids will love these classic, Heart-Shaped Crayon Valentines from The Nerd’s Wife. We have a few more designs that she created especially for the Kids Activities Blog including You Color My World Valentine…awwww, so sweet!
3. DIY Valentine’s Fortunes
Looking for a unique Valentine’s idea? Check out this Fruit Roll-Up Fortune Cookie Valentine from Simplistically Living. It even comes with a free fortune printable!
4. Handcrafted Valentine Slime
5. Bubble Valentines to Make & Give
Your kids will love these Printable Bubble Valentines! “Your friendship, blows me away”, is on the free printable card you can print to add to these cute Valentines.
6. Watercolor Valentines
Hand out a gift that kids will definitely use (and it is not a sugary treat!) with these fun Printable Watercolor Valentines! They say that Our Friendship is a Work of Art!
7. Pokemon Valentines to Give
Do you have any Pokemon fans in your house? They will love these Pokemon Valentines from The Nerd’s Wife!
8. Cutest Pot o’ Cereal Valentines
Spread some luck to your children with this adorable Pot Of Cereal Valentine from Simplistically Living.
9. Make a Homemade Valentines Day Card
Follow these simple instructions on how to make an awesome Valentines card. These make great crafts to send to grandma or those you love who are far away.
DIY Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids
When I was a kid, money was tight, so we made most of our holiday decorations with our mom. One of my fondest memories is being huddled around the coffee table with construction paper and old magazines, making a huge Valentine’s Day garland with my little brother.
Sure, you can buy cute decorations at the store, but making them is way more memorable!
10. Bee Mine Crafts for Preschoolers & Kindergartners
11. Craft a Valentines Counting Game
This fun Valentine’s Day Counting Game is a simple way to practice a little Math with the little ones in a festive way.
12. Make a Heart Sun Catcher
This DIY Heart Sun Catcher is adorable! It’s a super easy craft for even the youngest kids to make!
13. Valentine’s Handprint Art
Decorate your walls and create a sweet keepsake, with this Valentine’s Day Handprint Art! Kids of all ages will love it!
14. Make a Valentine’s Photo Frame
Looking for a fun Valentine’s idea for grandparents? Help your kids make a Valentine’s Day Photo Frame out of conversation hearts!
15. Valentine Slime
We all know how much kids love slime. Check out this cool Valentine’s Day Slime from The Nerd’s Wife!
16. Craft a Valentine’s Tree
Make paper hearts to decorate a Valentine’s Day Tree! It’s very easy to make even for your preschoolers.
17. Valentine Penguin Craft
Use this simple tutorial on how to make a penguin with a bottle. Have your kids visit your recycling bin and choose just the right penguin-size item!
18. Make a Washi Tape Heart
We love this super easy heart craft! It is fun to make and turns out sooo lovely…no matter whether your kids do it “perfectly” or not!
19. Cupid’s Paper Darts
Make Valentine’s heart straws that double as Cupid’s paper arrows! It is all a very adorable Valentine craft for kids.
20. Heart Tic-Tac-Toe Craft
This tic-tac-toe Valentine idea could be crafted into a homemade Valentine’s DIY kit. It can be an engaging game for your little ones (and older ones) or just for fun!
Free Printable Valentine’s Coloring Pages & More
21-40. Valentine’s Coloring Pages
We absolutely love free printable coloring pages and the holiday of Valentine’s Day inspired us to create a lot of really fun things to color at home or in the classroom:
- St. Valentine Coloring Pages
- Preschool Valentine Coloring Pages…the little love birds are so cute!
- Cute Valentine’s Coloring Pages for kids…coffee & donut are a perfect match.
- Be my Valentine Coloring Pages
- Valentine’s Coloring Cards
- Baby Shark Valentine Coloring Pages
- Printable Valentine’s Day Poster-size Coloring Page
- Valentine Color-by-Number
- Toddler Valentine Coloring Pages
- Heart Coloring Pages
- Valentine’s Doodles
- Circus Valentine Coloring Pages
- Valentine’s Train Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Valentine Coloring pages – these aren’t mushy at all!
- Valentine’s Heart Coloring Pages
- I Love You Mom Coloring Page
- Zentangle Heart Coloring Page
- Happy Valentines Day Coloring Page
- We found a bunch of free Valentine Coloring Page from across the internet that you don’t want to miss!
- See our huge collection of Valentine’s coloring pages! <–Click here to view them all in one place
41. I Love You Printable
Let your kids fill out this sweet ‘I Love You Because’ Printable for the special people in their life.
42. Valentine’s Word Search Printable
This Printable Valentine’s Day Word Search isn’t just fun, it’s educational, too!
Homemade Valentine Treats
43-49. Valentine’s Day Recipes
Half the fun of Valentine’s Day is all of the yummy Valentine’s Day chocolate and treats!
- Valentine’s Day Pretzels are a quick and easy treat the kids can help make!
- Fruity Pebble Hearts – These treats are similar to rice krispie treats but they use cereal and chocolate!
- Foodie Fun’s Mini Heart pizzas are the perfect way to show your family how much you love them, for Valentine’s Day dinner!
- Do you have to make a treat for your kiddo’s school party? Check out these yummy Valentine’s Day Cookie Recipes for inspiration.
- Valentine’s Day Candy Bark can be broken up into pieces and put into cute Valentine’s Day treat bags with ribbons and tags for your little one to hand out to their class. Or you can have it out at the office to your work buddies!
- Turn an empty soap box into a DIY miniature box of chocolates!
- Valentine’s Day S’mores Bark is an easy dessert for kids to make, with: graham crackers, marshmallows, and Valentine’s Day M&Ms. You can also make these gluten free, using gluten-free graham crackers, gluten-free marshmallows, and gluten-free chocolate candies!
Even More Valentine’s Day Crafts & Activities
Now that you’ve started crafting and baking for Valentine’s Day, here are some more ideas to try!
- 25 Sweet Valentine’s Day Treats
- 30 Awesome Valentine’s Day Party Ideas For Kids
- Valentine’s Stone Heart Craft Kids Will Love
- Homemade Valentines you can make today.
Happy Valentine’s Day! Let’s have some heart-filled fun!