This ghost slime recipe is easy to make and fun to give as a Halloween candy alternative. We also have used this ghost slime craft as part of a learning unit when reading a ghost-themed children’s book. Kids of all ages will love this white sparkly ghost slime.
This article contains affiliate links.
Ghost Slime Recipe for Kids
We first were inspired to create this fun ghost slime craft after reading the book by Raina Telgemeier, Ghosts.
Related: Let’s play some Halloween games
In the book, two sisters are exploring their new home when they learn that there are ghosts in the neighborhood.
How to Make Ghost Slime
This ghost slime recipe is great for Halloween, just because, or a fun activity to go with spooky stories. This ghost slime, to me, is essentially Halloween slime, and such a great idea for an alternative to candy. Plus this Halloween ghost slime is so easy to make using basic slime ingredients. Such a great craft for kids.
Ingredients Needed to Make Ghost Slime Recipe
- 1 bottle white school glue
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup liquid starch
- Fine white glitter
- Black permanent marker
- Condiment containers with lids
Directions to Make Ghost Slime
In a large bowl, pour the entire bottle of school glue. Add the water and stir with a wooden craft stick. Pour in the glitter and stir until combined.
Add the liquid starch and stir until the mixture comes together and starts pulling from the outside of the bowl. Take the slime in your hands and stretch and knead it until it reaches the desired consistency.
Add the slime to your condiment containers. Turn them upside down and use the permanent marker to add eyes and a mouth.
Finished Ghost Slime
Super cute, right?!
More Ghost Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Download & print these free Ghostbusters coloring pages
- Or these ghost coloring pages are frighteningly adorable
- Don’t miss these easy Halloween door decorations
- Make this super cute ghost craft with your footprint!
- Check out these free pumpkin carving stencils for more ghosts
- Make ghost lollipops to hang ghosts from the tree at your house
- Make a ghost bowling game for Halloween
- These easy jack o’lantern ideas include the cutest pumpkin ghosts
- Make this adorable 5 little ghosts craft
- Make a packing tape ghost decoration for your home…boo!
- Make ghost poop recipe with free printable for a giveaway treat.
- Oh so many more ghost crafts!
More Great Slime Recipes From Kids Activities Blog
- Check out this silly fake snot slime!
- This gross and cool slimey green frog slime is full of bugs!
- Have you seen this creepy crawly grub slime recipe?
- Wow, this homemade green alien slime is out of this world!
- Dragons are awesome, which is why I love this shimmery dragon scale slime.
What did you do with your homemade ghost slime?