We’re excited to share with you a step by step tutorial on how to draw a giraffe. Yay! Just like with our other how-to draw tutorials, this giraffe tutorial includes three pages that you can print and give to your little ones, making it easier to follow along. Use this easy giraffe sketch guide at home or in the classroom.
Make A Giraffe Drawing Easy For Kids
Giraffes are majestic animals with long necks and beautiful spots that live in East Africa. Did you know that giraffes can be as tall as 20ft? Wow! This giraffe drawing tutorials is easier to follow with visual guide, so click the pink button to print our how to draw a giraffe printable tutorial before getting started:
So if you’re ready to learn how to draw a cartoon giraffe, grab your pencil and notebook, and let’s get started! This giraffe sketch tutorial is perfect for beginners of all ages, even for kids in preschool.
How To draw A Wolf Step By Step- Easy
Follow this easy how to draw a giraffe step-by-step tutorial and you will be drawing your own in no time!
First, draw an oval.
Add two circles, notice the left one is bigger.
Connect the circles to each other using curved lines. Then connect them to the top oval to make the neck.
Draw four rectangles, and notice how the bottom part is smaller.
Add half a circle on each leg.
Draw a curved line and add a mango-like shape on the top.
Draw the ears.
Time for adding details! Draw irregular spots, circles for the eyes, nose, and horns, and a curved line on the face. Hooray! Your giraffe drawing is done!
Good job! Get your crayons and give your giraffe some color! You can make it yellow or any color you want; it’s your work of art, after all!
Download Simple Giraffe Drawing Lesson PDF File:
This post contains affiliate links.
Recommended Drawing Supplies
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- You will need an eraser!
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More Easy Drawing Lessons For Kids
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Great Books For More Drawing Fun
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!
More Giraffe Crafts and Activities From Kids Activities Blog:
- This jumbo free printable giraffe coloring page is the coolest.
- Have you seen this awesome giraffe zentangle coloring page?
- Check out this giraffe facts coloring page.
- G is for giraffe.
- Use a paper plate to make the cutest giraffe!
- I love this easy giraffe craft for kids and they will love it too!
- How cute is this DIY cardboard giraffe toy?
How did your giraffe drawing turn out? Let us know in the comments, we’d love to hear from you!