Make these five little ghost puppets and recite this fun little five little ghost poem! Get into the Halloween spirit with these adorable ghost no-sew finger puppets that are perfect for Halloween fingerplays with your toddler and preschooler. With just a few simple supplies, you can easily make this cute ghost finger puppet craft and be playing together with the 5 little ghost fingerplay at home or in the classroom.
5 Little Ghosts Finger Puppets Craft
Your little ones will love creating and playing with these sweet and spooky little ghosts. This simple craft is perfect for fingerplay which I have included at the bottom of this article so you can rhyme together.
Related: More puppets for kids you can make
With both preschoolers (who will love playing with these) and younger children (who might prefer watching an adult) in mind, these puppets fit little fingers as well as grown-ups.
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed To Make Five Little Ghost Finger Puppets
Directons to Make No-Sew Five Little Ghost Finger Puppets
Fold your felt in half and cut five ghost shapes about 2 inches wide and 2 1/4 inches tall.
Optional: Cut the bottoms with pinking shears for a zig zag effect. You will have 5 pairs of shapes, 10 total.
Take the top of each pair and have your child (or yourself) draw ghost faces with permanent marker. This is easiest to do if you help by holding the felt steady and remind them not to push too hard.
Lastly, glue your puppets together. For each pair run a line of hot glue around the curved edge of the unmarked felt layer and lay the drawn piece on top.
Halloween Fingerplay Rhymes
Five Little Ghosts Fingerplay
Five little ghosts flying through the door,
One flew away and then there were four.
Four little ghosts spooky as can be,
One flew away and then there were three.
Three little ghosts drinking Halloween brew,
One flew away and then there were two.
Two little ghosts having lots of fun,
One went home and then there was one.
One little ghost’s a real superhero,– Author Unknown
Went to help a friend and then were was zero!
Five Little Ghosts Song Version #2
Five little ghosts all dressed in white
Scaring each other on Halloween night.
Boo! said the first one, I’ll catch you!
Woooo! said the second, I don’t care if you do!
The third ghost said, You can’t run away from me.
The fourth one said, I’ll scare everyone I see!
Then the last one said, It’s time to disappear.
See you at Halloween time next year!– Author Unknown
Related: We have even more fun and spooky Halloween crafts for kids.
Five Little Ghosts Rhyme Version #3
Five little ghosts flying ‘cross the moor,
One went home, that left four.
Four little ghosts dancing ’round the tree,
Another went home, that left three.
Three little ghosts over the houses flew,
Another went home, that left two.
Two little ghosts, having lots of fun,
Another went home, that left one.
One little ghost, now all alone,– Author Unknown
He got so lonely, he flew back home.
MORE HOMEMADE PUPPET CRAFTS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Make your own groundhog paper bag puppet.
- Make a clown puppet with paint sticks and the puppet template.
- Make easy felt puppets like this heart puppet.
- Use our printable shadow puppet templates for fun or use them to make shadow art.
- Make a stick puppet!
- Make minion finger puppets.
- Learn how to draw a puppet.
- Make the alphabet letter puppets.
- Make paper doll princess puppets.
- Make these Cute Craft Stick Crows!
MORE HALLOWEEN CRAFTS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Make some Halloween recycled crafts like these bottle cap spiders.
- If you’re short on time, Halloween craft kits are definitely the way to go!
- Searching for more fun Halloween crafts for kids? Look no further.
- My kids love making these black cat Halloween art projects!
- These Oreo Halloween cookie pops are to die for!
- Save money with these homemade costume ideas for kids!
- Searching for Halloween dress up ideas diy? Here you go!
- These Halloween hacks will make your house extra spooky this Halloween!
- Here’s how to make drinks smoke for Halloween!
- Play these fun Halloween math games with your neighbors and friends.
- Want to know the best kids Halloween movies to show at a party or sleepover? We’ve got you covered.
- My kids loved this haunted house craft. Plus, it doubles as a decoration!
- These Halloween door decorations will make your house spooktacular!
- These Halloween bags for kids are a snap to make!
- My kids inhale these Halloween pudding treats!
- We have even more fun and spooky Halloween crafts for kids.
- You just have to check out this list of Halloween Hairstyles!
- Check out this huge list of Halloween crafts!
- I love all of these Frankenstein crafts!
- Try out these spooky ghost crafts.
- Check out these DIY pumpkin cup stack toss game.
- How do you prevent scared kids on Halloween?
- This hospital dressed up the NICU babies in Halloween costumes, they’re so cute!
Have a blast crafting, learning, and playing with these little ghost finger puppets! Did you have fun doing Halloween fingerplays with your kids?