Today we have a beautiful printable puzzle for kids of all ages celebrating Day of the Dead. Kids can start by coloring the intricate designs that include a sugar skull, papel picado, marigolds, a guitar, flowers and more.
Printable Day of the Dead Activities for Kids
We love that printable puzzles are fun kids activities that you can do anytime with very little prep, and guarantee a whole lotta fun! The whole family can get involved with putting the puzzle back together after it is cut apart.
- Free printable puzzles are great to help our kids develop their fine motor skills from an early age.
- Solving puzzles encourage pattern recognition and problem-solving skills, in a fun way!
Download & Print Dia de los Muertos Printable Puzzle pdf Here
How to use our free printable puzzles
This day of the dead printable puzzle doesn’t require a lot of set up, so in a matter of minutes, your little ones will be ready to solve it. Just follow these 4 easy steps:
- Download and print this coloring worksheet
- Paste it into a piece of cardstock or scrapbook paper*
- Color it! They can use crayons, watercolor, colored pencils, or even acrylics!
- Cut the puzzle into big pieces.
*If you have access to a laminator, you can make this puzzle last longer by laminating it!
Día de los muertos (Day of the Dead) Activities
Check out our large selection of Day of the Dead ideas for families and kids to celebrate the holiday.
Day of the Dead Celebration
“Día de los muertos” is a Mexican holiday celebrated on the 1st and 2nd of November, and everyone can celebrate it. During these days, people make ofrendas (altars) for loved ones who have passed away.
Ofrendas usually have marigold flowers, candles, photos, and even the deceased’s favorite foods.
Although it sounds sad, the Day of the Dead is really an emotional, fun, and colorful holiday where families gather to share stories about their loved ones and remember them fondly!
More Printable Day of the Dead Activities for Kids
We have so many fun things to do with kids that support Dia de los Muertos traditions…here are some of our favorite printable activities for Day of the Dead celebrations.
Day of the Dead Worksheets for Kids
- Day of the Dead Subtraction Worksheet
- Day of the Dead Addition Worksheet
- Dia de los Muertos Color by Number Worksheet
- Day of the Dead vocabulary Worksheet
- Day of the Dead preschool matching Worksheet
- Day of the Dead Preschool Number Worksheet
Free Printable Day of the Dead Coloring Pages
- Download and print these free Day of the Dead coloring pages and use them as entertainment during a festival or in preparation for the holiday!
- This beautiful sugar skull coloring pages for kids is free and is ready to be printed. Your little ones will love using different colors to bring this printable to life.
- Don’t miss the gorgeous zentangle sugar skull coloring pages!
Free Dia de los Muertos Printable Games to Print
- Day of the Dead Hidden Pictures Puzzle
- Day of the Dead Maze
- Simple Day of the Dead dot-to-dot Activity
More Free Puzzles for Kids from Kids Activities Blog
- Your little ones will love solving this fall crossword puzzle printable.
- Our beach wordsearch activities are a great way to work on literacy stress free!
- Mix and match printable puzzles for kids will keep them busy for quite a while and they are super fun!
- These back to school puzzles make school time more fun!
- Learn how to make your own cereal puzzle and recycling at the same time.
- Check out these simple Halloween puzzles games that you can make at home.
- These easy puzzles for kids are perfect for children of all ages.
- Baby Shark doo-doo-doo… We have a baby shark puzzle that is just too cute!
- Like playing with legos? Then you’ll absolutely love our LEGO puzzle games!
- This puzzle craft is a perfect activity for those affected with arthritis!
- Try making these bleach puzzles to work on the alphabet while having fun.
- If your little one is obsessed with dinosaurs, then this dinosaur puzzle printable is perfect for them.
- Everyone likes puzzles, parties, and puzzles. That’s why this pop tart party is the best!
- Create a kids puzzle printable set with things you already have at home.
- This puzzle cards activity is super easy to make and doesn’t cost a penny.
Did you love the printable Day of the Dead puzzle? What colors did you color it? Did the whole family help put it back together?