New week, new free printable! If you were looking for engaging day of the dead holiday traditions printables, we’ve got just what you need!
Today we are solving a fun Day of the Dead puzzle!
What is Día de los muertos about?
“Día de los muertos” is a Mexican holiday celebrated on the 1st and 2nd of November, and everyone can celebrate it. During these days, people make ofrendas (altars) for loved ones who have passed away.
Ofrendas usually have marigold flowers, candles, photos, and even the deceased’s favorite foods.
Although it sounds sad, the Day of the Dead is really an emotional, fun, and colorful holiday where families gather to share stories about their loved ones and remember them fondly!
Day of the Dead activities for kids
We love celebrating holidays in ways that are helpful for our kids’ development, like puzzles! Printable puzzles are fun kids activities that you can do anytime with very little prep, and guarantee a whole lotta fun!
This beautiful sugar skull coloring pages for kids is free and is ready to be printed. Your little ones will love using different colors to bring this printable to life.
Free printable puzzles are great to help our kids develop their fine motor skills from an early age. Solving puzzles encourage pattern recognition and problem-solving skills, in a fun way!
And they are fun little teaching resources to keep learners of all ages engaged!
How to use our free printable puzzles
This day of the dead printable puzzle doesn’t require a lot of set up, so in a matter of minutes, your little ones will be ready to solve it. Just follow these 4 easy steps:
- Download and print this coloring worksheet
- Paste it into a piece of cardstock or scrapbook paper*
- Color it! They can use crayons, watercolor, colored pencils, or even acrylics!
- Cut the puzzle into big pieces.
*If you have access to a laminator, you can make this puzzle last longer by laminating it instead!
And that’s it! Enjoy your free puzzle!
Check out these 15 free puzzles for kids:
- Your little ones will love solving this fall crossword puzzle printable.
- Our beach wordsearch activities are a great way to work on literacy stress free!
- Mix and match printable puzzles for kids will keep them busy for quite a while and they are super fun!
- These back to school puzzles make school time more fun!
- Learn how to make your own cereal puzzle and recycling at the same time.
- Check out these simple Halloween puzzles games that you can make at home.
- These easy puzzles for kids are perfect for children of all ages.
- Baby Shark doo-doo-doo… We have a baby shark puzzle that is just too cute!
- Like playing with legos? Then you’ll absolutely love our LEGO puzzle games!
- This puzzle craft is a perfect activity for those affected with arthritis!
- Try making these bleach puzzles to work on the alphabet while having fun.
- If your little one is obsessed with dinosaurs, then this dinosaur puzzle printable is perfect for them.
- Everyone likes puzzles, parties, and puzzles. That’s why this pop tart party is the best!
- Create a kids puzzle printable set with things you already have at home.
- This puzzle cards activity is super easy to make and doesn’t cost a penny.