Day of the Dead is one of my favorite holidays. It’s just so colorful and there’s a lot of delicious food, so what’s not to like? We already did sugar skull coloring pages for kids, and for today’s Day of the Dead activity, we are coloring a pretty Sugar Skull zentangle!
Dia de los Muertos activities
Day of the Dead, also called All Souls Day or All Saints Day, is celebrated to remember loved ones who have died, in a respectful and joyful way. It’s a celebration to think and talk about them so they are always near our hearts.
There are many ways to enjoy Dia de los Muertos. One of my favorite Dia de los Muertos activities, besides eating pan de muerto, are doing day of the dead worksheets, watercolor cards, color pencil illustrations, and just any kind of artwork to represent how colorful this celebration is.
Day of the dead printable
For this day of the dead printable, we are coloring a sugar skull zentangle!
If you are not familiar with zentangles, all you have to know is that they are a fun way to relax by creating beautiful patterns and images, like this zentangle bunny.
Creating your own zentangle art takes time and patience, but until you get enough experience, printable zentangle coloring pages can help you and your little ones get to that place.
That’s why tiger coloring pages are super handy for beginners and kids, as they allow kids to become familiarized with this art by coloring easy coloring pages first.
The possibilities are endless. This trumpet coloring page is one of my favorite ones!
Dia de los Muertos activities
Coloring pages are perfect for every holiday! Especially with Dia de los Muertos since it’s already a super colorful day.
There are so many benefits to coloring pictures. Coloring sheets, as well as zen coloring pages for kids, are great for:
- improving motor skills
- stimulating creativity
- contributing to better handwriting
- teaching color awareness
- improving focus and hand to eye coordination
- most importantly, improve confidence and self-esteem!
How to Color Zentangles
Coloring zentangles is easy, relaxing and fun. Making beautiful art through colorful doodle designs can be extended by using those finished patterns for cards, wall art, photo backgrounds or part of your daily journal.
While some people may choose to color zentangles in black and white, we here at Kids Activities Blog are all about color!
Put together your favorite color scheme and sigh the cares of the world away while coloring. Print and color Zentangle coloring pages for a calming creative experience.
Want more free coloring pages?
- These free printable coloring pages of cool designs are a great place to start!
- Check out these floral zentangle patterns!
- Want animal coloring pages? You’ll love our zentangle patterns animals.
- Butterflies are so pretty. This zentangle butterfly is perfect for butterfly lovers!
- Love animals? Then you’ll love this bald zentangle eagle coloring page.
- This lady bug art coloring page is absolutely adorable!
- You’ll have a roaring good time with this lion zentangle.
- Beat the heat with this snow cone coloring page.
- Are you a dog lover? If so, you’ll love our zentangle dogs.
- Why the long face? Check out our horse zentangle to brighten your day!
- Elephants are such amazing creatures. You can have one of your own when you color our zentangle elephant.
- Give this whale coloring pages a splash of color to create beautiful oceanic art.
- These shark hidden picture books are so much fun!
- We have over 12 beautiful zentangle patterns coloring pages that are perfect for kids and grown-ups!
- And here are tons of activity printables for every season or mood!