Fun & Free Day of the Dead Sight Word Vocabulary Worksheets
Celebrate Day of the Dead holiday traditions while strengthening students’ vocabulary with these Dia de los Muertos sight word worksheets for kids.
Printable Day of the Dead sight word Worksheets
Day of the Dead, called Dia de los Muertos in Spanish, is a celebration dedicated to remembering those who have left us and come back to visit us during November 1st and November 2nd.
What are Sight Words?
Sight words are words that young children are encouraged to memorize as a whole by sight rather than trying to sound them out. Learning sight words helps children how to read faster by being able to identify frequently used words without having to sound them out.
These Day of the Dead printables include sight words activities that will improve your children’s fluency, comprehension, vocabulary, writing and other skills required to improve reading skills.
Plus, they are so much fun to color too!
This printable sight word worksheet set includes:
- one printable page with a sight word game themed with papel picado
- one printable page with tracing words activities using Day of the Dead vocabulary
Download Day of the Dead Sight Word Worksheet pdf Files Here:
More Reading Activities for Kids from Kids Activities Blog:
- Kids will love coloring these baby shark sight word printables!
- Make your own sight word flashcards to learn while playing!
- You’ll love the erudition game: a game designed to help early readers memorize common sight words.
- Teach your kids numbers and words with et themed books.
- This fun hands-on Halloween sight words game is lots of fun for early readers.
- Reading is easier when you incorporate sight word toys and games.
- Everyone can play this sight wordball game, even toddlers!
- Here are hands-on and engaging beginning words games for kids.
- These wacky wednesday activities are fun games that sneak in a little teaching along the way.
- Teaching numbers and number words is super fun and easy with this game.
- I love this easy way to learn spelling words and vocabulary!
- This super fun easter egg activity teaches kids how to spell.
- Spelling can be difficult, but these spelling activities for kindergarteners make it so much easier.
- These sight word flip books take minutes to make but are so good for early readers.
More Printable Day of the Dead Worksheets for Kids
We have so many fun things to do with kids that support Dia de los Muertos traditions…here are some of our favorite printable worksheets for Day of the Dead celebrations.
- Day of the Dead Subtraction Worksheet
- Day of the Dead Addition Worksheet
- Dia de los Muertos Color by Number Worksheet
- Day of the Dead preschool matching Worksheet
- Day of the Dead Preschool Number Worksheet
- Day of the Dead Hidden Pictures Puzzle
- Day of the Dead Puzzle
- Day of the Dead Maze Activity
- Simple Day of the Dead dot-to-dot Activity
Did your kids enjoy working on the Day of the Dead sight word worksheets?