Celebrate Day of the Dead holiday traditions while strengthening students’ vocabulary with this sight word game!
Day of the Dead, called Dia de los Muertos in Spanish, is a celebration dedicated to remembering those who have left us and come back to visit us during November 1st and November 2nd.
Coloring is a very relaxing activity, that’s why your little one will love these sugar skull coloring pages for kids during this celebration!
We love taking holidays like this to help our little ones learn while having fun — they won’t even know they are learning!
What are sight words?
Sight words (not to be confused with site words) are words that young children are encouraged to memorize as a whole by sight rather than trying to sound them out. Learning sight words helps children how to read faster by being able to identify frequently used words without having to sound them out.
For kids learning to read, sight word games can be really helpful. There are other ways to practice sight words: puzzles, flash cards, crosswords, words games, and worksheets are just some study tools that make learning easier.
Dia de los Muertos sight word games
These Day of the Dead printables include sight words activities that will improve your children’s fluency, comprehension, vocabulary, writing and other skills required to improve reading skills.
Plus, they are so much fun to color them too! Learning how to read and write has never been so much fun before.
This printable set includes:
- one printable page with a sight word game
- one printable page with tracing words activities
Make reading fun for kids with these games and activities:
- Kids will love coloring these baby shark sight word printables!
- Make your own sight word flashcards to learn while playing!
- You’ll love the erudition game: a game designed to help early readers memorize common sight words.
- Teach your kids numbers and words with et themed books.
- This fun hands-on Halloween sight words game is lots of fun for early readers.
- Reading is easier when you incorporate sight word toys and games.
- Everyone can play this sight wordball game, even toddlers!
- Here are hands-on and engaging beginning words games for kids.
- These wacky wednesday activities are fun games that sneak in a little teaching along the way.
- Teaching numbers and number words is super fun and easy with this game.
- I love this easy way to learn spelling words and vocabulary!
- This super fun easter egg activity teaches kids how to spell.
- Spelling can be difficult, but these spelling activities for kindergarteners make it so much easier.
- These sight word flip books take minutes to make but are so good for early readers.