These Day of the Dead holiday traditions, crafts, activities and printables are all you need to bring this traditional Mexican holiday to life!
Day of the Dead, called Dia de los Muertos in Spanish, is celebrated to remember loved ones who have passed, in a respectful but joyful way. It’s a celebration to think and talk about them so they are always close to our hearts.
Today we made a fun matching games printable! Your kids will be entertained while they learn about this holiday. We also have beautiful sugar skull coloring pages for kids that you can print for free right now!
What are matching games?
Playing matching games in pre-school will enhance children’s pattern recognition skills. Being able to match images and explain why they go together is important for cognitive skills and ability. Besides, matching games improve concentration, memory, and visual spatial intelligence.
In other words, they are the perfect printable for toddlers!
Memory games for adults and memory games for seniors are also a great choice to keep our brains, healthy! Plus, they are so much fun!
Other fun activities that will keep our brains active are puzzles, flashcards, crosswords, worksheets and vocabulary games.
So now that we know why memory games are good for toddlers, let’s print this free memory games!
Free memory games
Day of the Dead is one of those holidays that can be celebrated in many different ways. And one of my favorite ways to celebrate is with printables!
They are free, require very little preparation, and are ready in a couple of minutes. And they are a great study tool to practice pattern recognition. What’s not to like?
This memory matching game is the cutest and so easy to play: just print it, get your crayons and let your kid draw a line to connect the pictures that match!
^Affiliate Links to really cool matching game toys available on Amazon!^
Want more fun activities for kids?
- These matching Shark Week games are jaw-tastic!
- Your kids will enjoy coloring these free Baby Shark printables.
- This free printable black and white file folder games is a great way to teach beginning matching skills to preschoolers.
- Our veggie coloring pages will make vegetables more yummy!
- The reading game for preschoolers is so colorful and cute! They will learn letter case through a simple matching game.
- Love Spot it but don’t know how to play it? We have spot it instructions here so you can play this matching game together with your family!
- This matching game for toddler is one of my favorite DIY activities!
- With our sound matching activities, kids won’t even know they are learning!
- I can’t believe how much fun and educational these Christmas erasers are!
- Creating homemade memory games for children is super easy and fun. This DIY insect game for kids is perfect for those who love the smaller animals!
- If it’s too hot to go outside, this free color matching game printable is your best choice.
- This simple handmade travel memory game is a great activity to bring on your next road trip.
- This memory game is one of my favorite games for 4 kids.
- Magnets are perfect for kids of every age! We have tons of magnet activities for kids that they will just love!
- Let’s have some learning fun with these bugs printables!