I was inspired to make this Sunbleached Alphabet and Shape Puzzle after reading the post by S.B. of, S.B. Creatively, she took advantage of the summer sun to create a mat where her kids practiced letter identification.
Sunbleached Alphabet and Shape Puzzle
We adapted it to create a few puzzles for my youngest. We created one with alphabet and letter magnets and another with different shaped blocks from around the house. It was so fun!
this post includes affiliate links
How to Make a Sunbleached Alphabet and Shape Puzzle
- You need construction paper. The cheaper the better. I used high quality art paper the first time and it didn’t bleach well.
- A sunny day. Being in Texas, we have lots of those!
- Shapes (alphabet magnets, blocks, coins, etc.)
I love how the block shapes helped my toddler work on early geometry skills. It was fun watching her rotate the blocks to try and replicate the image. We hope your kids enjoy puzzle making!
Thanks to Nicole of Activity Mom for sharing this post with us!
More Fun Summer Activities
- Fun Summer Ideas for Activities
- 23 Ways to Play With Water This Summer
- Printable Summer Activity Sheets
- Awesome Tie Dye Projects for Summer
Leave a comment: Did your kids have a blast with this fun summer activity?