This easy and “mad” Elf on the Shelf idea is a free printable mad scientist theme you can print and set up as a display using these science printables and Elf on the Shelf as a prop! Help the Elf on the Shelf make the wait for Christmas a lot more fun with this super cute mad scientist idea!
Easy Elf on The Shelf Idea
This year get scientific with Christmas with this Santa’s Lab, erm, Elf’s lab printable! Complete with ID card, warning, chemicals, and even safety goggles!
Related: Elf on the Shelf ideas
How does this Mad scientist elf lab idea work? It’s simple…
Download and print the Elf on the Shelf mad scientist printable and follow the directions to make waiting for Christmas fun and “mad”. This mad scientist printable works well as an Elf on the Shelf prop.
Printable Elf on the Shelf Mad Scientist Elf
The best part about this awesome Elf on the Shelf printable idea is that all the science gear and warning signs is elf-sized!
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies Needed To Put Together This Mad Scientist Elf Printable
Directions To Set Up Your Elf on the Shelf Mad Scientist
Time Needed to Set Up: 10-15 minutes
Print out the Elf-sized Mad Scientist Santa’s lab PDF.
Cut out all the paper
Fold the table along the dotted lines. It will be sturdier if you print it on thicker paper. Glue or tape it to keep it in place.
Finished Elf on the Shelf Mad Scientist Set Up
Your Elf can show your kids how to do fun science experiments, or just simply be a fun prop that helps your kids get excited for Christmas.
Setting Up Your Elf on the shelf prop
Your finished Elf on the Shelf mad scientist and Santa’s lab prop has limitless Elf on the Shelf scene scenarios! Here are a few ideas including the one pictured above:
- Position your Elf on the Shelf Scout sitting down with goggles on and their Santa’s lab ID. Have the radiation sign next to them with the images of beakers and chemicals sitting on a table next to them.
- Have your Elf on the Shelf Scout mixing up a batch of Christmas Slime with the chemical beakers sitting next to them on a table and in front of the bowl have the radiation sign. Don’t forget to put on Elf’s safety goggles, safety first when doing science!
- Maybe you can do some real science too! Have your Elf on the Shelf Scout mixing a batch of Borax and water to make crystal ornaments (14), and chemical beakers sitting next to them on a table and in front of the bowl have the radiation sign. Which is a good warning since this one requires adult supervision.
WHEN DOES THE ELF ON THE SHELF COME BACK?
“Most Scout Elves return to their families during Scout Elf Return Week™—a week-long window at the end of November, leading into December. (This year’s Scout Elf Return Week will take place Nov. 24–Dec. 1.)”–OFFICIAL ELF ON THE SHELF BLOG – WATCH SOCIAL MEDIA FOR THE #SCOUTELFRETURNWEEK HASHTAG!–OFFICIAL ELF ON THE SHELF BLOG – WATCH SOCIAL MEDIA FOR THE #SCOUTELFRETURNWEEK HASHTAG!
a Month of Easy Elf on the Shelf Props & Ideas
We’ve created unique set of Elf on the Shelf props for you that you can print off and use every day to make moving Elf quick, easy and easy to remember.
- Day 1: Elf on The Shelf Christmas Paper Chain
- Day 2: Elf-Sized Coloring Book
- Day 3: Elf Photo Booth Props
- Day 4: Elf on the Shelf Beach Day
- Day 5: Elf on the Shelf Yoga Poses
- Day 6: Elf on the Shelf Hot Chocolate
- Day 7: Elf on the Shelf Superhero Ideas
- Day 8: TODAY
- Day 9: Princess Elf on the Shelf
- Day 10: Elf on the Shelf Golf
- Day 11: Elf on the Shelf Ball Pit
- Day 12: Elf on the Shelf Party
- Day 13: Elf on the Shelf Treasure Hunt
- Day 14: Elf on the Shelf Mustache
- Day 15: Elf on the Shelf Cookies
- Day 16: Elf on the Shelf Paper Bag Race
- Day 17: Elf on the Shelf Ideas for Classroom
- Day 18: Basketball Elf on the Shelf
- Day 19: Elf on the Shelf in the Car Ideas
- Day 20: Elf on the Shelf Exercise
- Day 21: Elf on the Shelf Lemonade for Sale
- Day 22: Elf on the Shelf Candy Cane
- Day 23: Elf on the Shelf Baseball
- Day 24: Elf on the Shelf Tic Tac Toe
- Day 25: Elf on the Shelf Bake Sale
- Day 26: Elf on the Shelf Bingo Cards
- Day 27: Elf on the Shelf Toilet Paper Snowman
- Day 28: Elf on the Shelf Kindness Cards
- Day 29: Elf on the Shelf Zipline
- Day 30: Elf on the Shelf Potty Ideas
- Day 31: Elf Craft for Preschoolers
WHERE DO I BUY ORIGINAL ELF ON THE SHELF?
Here at Kids Activities Blog we absolutely adore the original Elf on the Shelf Christmas tradition and we are so thrilled with The Elf on the Shelf Store on Amazon that can send you the original Elf quickly! Grab the Elf on the Shelf that suits your child best:
- Elf on the Shelf: Brown-eyed girl dark tone Scout Elf with book
- Elf on the Shelf: Brown-eyed boy dark tone Scout Elf with book
- Elf on the Shelf: Blue-eyed boy light tone Scout Elf with book
- Elf on the Shelf: Blue-eyed girl light tone Scout Elf with book
Pssst…check out all the original Elf on the Shelf accessories and other Elfish items!
HOW DO YOU CALL YOUR ELF BACK HOME?
To summon or call your Elf back to your home, you can do a number of things like:
- Write them a letter inviting them.
- Have a party.
- Create a festive Elf area in your home.
- Or leave out something they like… like treats!
Once they’ve returned for the Christmas season you can start our month long ideas of Elf on the Shelf.
WHAT ARE THE RULES OF ELF ON THE SHELF?
There are just 3 rules:
- Don’t touch your Elf or they will lose their magic.
- They don’t talk, but listen well and kids tell all their wishes to them.
- Scout Elves have to go back home on Christmas Eve to held Santa prepare for Christmas.
Of course, it’s okay for parents to touch the Elf to set them up, but these are rules for kids and it helps build the magic of Christmas. Though there are rules for parents too that come with the Elf when it comes to “touching” the Elf Scout in front of kids in case the Elf falls.
WHAT HAPPENS IF MY ELF FALLS?
Sometimes the Elf may be more tired. It’s a long way from North Pole to your house. In case the Elf falls or falls asleep, adults can:
- Use pot holders to pick up the Elf to put them backUse tongs to save the ElfOr in the case the Elf landed on something the children needed or something that isn’t great for the Elf to stay in all day…parents can also move them using the above methods.
HOW TO BRING THE MAGIC BACK TO OUR ELF SCOUT IF SOMEONE ACCIDENTLY TOUCHES IT?
It happens. Sometimes kids get curious or accidents happen. There are 3 things you have to do to bring back your Elf’s magic.
- Write a letter apologizing to Santa for touching your Elf.
- Sprinkle cinnamon next to your Elf as cinnamon is very good for them. (Skip this or use something else if there is an allergy.)
- Sing a Christmas song with your entire family!
Doing these 3 things will bring the magic back to your Elf Scout! You can add on any other fun or silly things to do to bring your Elf’s magic back. These are just the suggested methods.
- Mad Scientist In Santa's Lab Printable
- Print out the Elf-sized Mad Scientist Santa’s lab PDF.
- Cut out all the paper
- Fold the table along the dotted lines. It will be sturdier if you print it on thicker paper. Glue or tape it to keep it in place.
- Set up the warning sign and the images of chemicals and beakers. Tape the Santa’s Lab ID on your Elf and put on their science goggles.
More Funny Elf on the Shelf Ideas from Kids Activities Blog
- Oh so many funny Elf on the Shelf pranks
- Best ideas for Elf on the Shelf
- Download and print these Elf on the Shelf coloring pages for kids & Scout
- Love these Christmas elf crafts for kids of all ages
How are you going to use your printable Elf on the Shelf mad scientist and Santa lab props?