If you are someone who loves spending time on a campsite you are going to love these 14 Scrumptious Campfire Desserts You Need to Make This Summer!
14 Scrumptious Campfire Desserts You Need To Make This Summer
This post contains affiliate links.
I honestly had no idea there were this many great ideas when it comes to easy campfire desserts for kids. I usually just stick to s’mores, but I will definitely be stepping up my camping dessert game!
These desserts aren’t just for camping trips, they are also perfect to try out on your fire pit or grill from the comfort of your own yard!
Campfire Desserts in Foil
Apple S’more Nachos – This Lil Piglet‘s sweet treat is exactly it the sounds like, and tastes amazing!
Eclairs – Make these eclairs from The Many Little Joys right over the campfire!
Campfire Desserts Without Marshmallows
Berry Cobbler – Make this delicious recipe from Tablespoon right on your grill in your backyard, or on a camping trip.
Campfire Tarts – This dessert from Cooking Classy looks incredible! Toasted biscuits with fruit and whipped cream filling. Yum!
Monkey Bread – Say Not Sweet Anne has a delicious version of one of my all time favorite recipes, made over a campfire!
Campfire Donuts – If you want fresh donuts you can make them right over your fire, thanks to this delicious treat from Must Have Mom!
Apple Dump Cake – Bake a cake right on your campfire! My family loves this recipe from Jill Cataldo.
Campfire Recipes With Marshmallows
My daughter and I love this s’mores caddy! It’s perfect for keeping s’mores ingredients organized (and bug-free) while camping! My daughter and I have gluten and dairy sensitivities, so I keep this caddy stocked with our favorite allergy-friendly marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers, and bring it along when we go to a cookout so that my daughter can participate.
We also love these telescoping marshmallow skewers, because each skewer is a different color, which helps with keeping them separated from others’ and avoiding cross-contamination. Bamboo skewers work, too, and they are nice during a camping trip because you can just throw them into the fire when you are finished.
S’mores In a Bag – Don’t want your hands covered in sticky marshmallow? Make this brilliant idea from A Girl And A Glue Gun, instead.
Gluten and Dairy Free Substitution Ingredients for Campfire Recipes
Don’t let food sensitivities and allergies stop you from having fun at the campfire this summer! Here are some of our favorite gluten free/ dairy free ingredients that can be used as. substitutions in some of the recipes above.
- Dandie’s Gluten Free and Vegan Marshmallows
- Kinnikinnick’s S’moreables Gluten Free Graham Crackers
- Unreal Gluten Free Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- Free2b Foods Sunbutter Cups (these are gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and nut free!)
- Joy Gluten Free Waffle Cones
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (these are free of: wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish and shellfish!)
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Bars (these are free of: wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish and shellfish!)
More Summer Fun for Families
- Camping with Kids (Tips for Families)
- 23 Ways to Play with Water This Summer
- What to Do When Camping
- Sides for an End of Summer BBQ
- 5 Appetizing, Foil-Wrapped Campfire Recipes
- Cool and Refreshing Summer Treats for Kids
- Summer Projects the Kids Can Help With
- Candy Loaded Campfire Brownies
- 20 Amazing S’mores Recipes
SOME OF OUR FAVORITE WAYS TO KEEP KIDS BUSY:
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home!
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Coloring is fun! Especially with our Fortnite coloring pages.
- Check out how to make bubbles.
- What’s the best kind of party? A unicorn party!
- Learn how to make a compass and go on an adventure with your kids.
- Create an Ash Ketchum costume.
- Try these fun edible playdough recipes!
- Kids love unicorn slime.
- Set up a neighborhood bear hunt. Your kids will love it!
What’s your family’s favorite campfire dessert? Comment below!