Here are the best ways to organize all those small items in your medicine cabinet that I found after doing some medicine cabinet organizer research to find the best medicine storage solutions and medicine cabinet organization ideas.
I don’t know what it is about the bathroom medicine cabinet, but mine is always a total disaster. Pill bottles on their side, random medicine that has fallen out of the box, loose bandaids laying around…so very many small items everywhere!
Medicine Cabinet Organization Tips
We are moving soon and I am determined to have a more organized medicine cabinet in our new small bathroom and tackle all those smaller items in an organized manner.
Related: Make up organizer ideas
No longer do medicine cabinets need to be hot messes! There are so many simple and better ways to keep everything together in modern medicine cabinets.
This is especially great if you have a ton of stuff or buy in bulk. Keep it orderly and all together and within easy reach. We can even help you find some of these awesome organization tools.
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Medicine Cabinet Organizer Ideas with Plastic Bins
This simple organization transformed a messy medicine cabinet with plastic bins from the dollar store and it made a big difference. Plus you can buy different colored baskets for each person so they have the perfect place to keep all their own stuff and smaller items together with these medicine cabinet organizer ideas. via Carolina On My Mind
2. How to Make Medicine Cabinet Organization Categories
Use baskets and labels to organize your medicine cabinet. Then there is no questions where everything is and you can also label everyone’s stuff so it is in one place with these medicine cabinet organization categories. Via The Savvy Sparrow
A good solution for us was using these simple categories at our house with the help of plastic bins to corral all those small items:
- First Aid Items
- Adult medication – pain relief, allergy, etc.
- Kid medication
- Sunscreen & after sun care
- Insect repellent & bug bite care
- Extra soaps, shampoos, conditioners, beauty products, etc.
- Shelves for larger items like bulk paper products (or use under the bathroom sink)
3. Unique Medicine Cabinet Ideas Using Common Kitchen Item
A lazy susan is a great idea so you can grab things quick without digging around. I would have never thought to use a lazy susan in my bathroom. It really is a unique medicine cabinet idea and can help take advantage of vertical space as well as the space in the back of a corner cabinet that can’t be reached even for smaller items. via A Bowl Full of Lemons
4. How To Organize Medicine in Your Bathroom Cabinet
If you’re like me you’re wondering how to organize medicine. Between Ibuprofen, allergy medicine, creams, and everything else, it seems impossible to keep organized. However, this rotating pill organizer for the medicine cabinet includes 31 take-out go-anywhere pill holders. So smart! Oh, and don’t forget to check the expiration dates and throw away any old medicine which will help free up some storage space.
5. Medicine Storage Containers
Organize kids medicine using these small plastic medicine storage containers…aka cups to collect medicine dispensers. This not only helps clear the visual clutter, but helps give you quick access to things that you are looking for. via I Should Be Mopping The Floor
6. Makeup Medicine Cabinet Hacks with Metal Buckets
Use small metal buckets for small things like cotton swabs and makeup brushes and other smaller items. I think this a great solutions and one of the cuter makeup medicine cabinet hacks I’ve seen. via PopSugar
7. Medical Organizer Box Using a Craft Box
You don’t need a fancy medical organizer box! Label wooden craft boxes for a smart storage solution. These boxes are simple, sturdy, and have handles which make them easy to move and they are great at keeping a bunch of your loose things all in one place like all those smaller items you have running around in your bathroom medicine cabinet. via Uncommon Designs Online
8. First Aid Cabinet Organizer
I love this first aid cabinet organizer idea. Use these small plastic drawers for an organized first aid section with a drawer for bandages, ointment etc. I already have some of these around, because I use them to keep barrettes and other small items together. via Simply Kierste
9. Makeup Medicine Cabinet Organizer Ideas
MagnaPods are plastic organizers that magnetically adhere to the inside of your medicine cabinet for extra storage for nail polish, makeup brushes, lip stick, etc. These are the best makeup medicine cabinet organizer ideas for those who have a lot of makeup/brushes and very little room.
10. Decorate the Inside of Your Medicine Box
Paper inside medicine box is a great way to bring a little color to a part of your home you rarely think about. Contact paper on the inside of your medicine cabinets are a fun way to add color to a small medicine cabinet and can make things stand out a little more! via Balancing Home
Spruce up your Medicine Cabinet to Fit Your Home Decor
- Shabby chic? Check out this whitewashed wood grain for the perfect glass shelf backdrop.
- This gray and white chevron pattern matches almost any decor.
- Add a colorful modern design as a surprise when you open the medicine cabinet.
11. Ideas For Medicine Cabinet Space
Need some ideas for medicine cabinet space? If your medicine cabinet is too cluttered then use this clear two tier wall mount to save space and create an additional wall cabinet even for smaller items. Back of the door storage are easy ways to tuck some extra storage into a small space. Here are a few that would be a perfect fit:
Favorite Medicine Cabinet Organizers
- Over the door shoe storage works really well for medicines and beauty products and other small items too. I like this clear model so you can see what you have stored in the bathroom.
- This extra behind the door cabinet storage system also can include a full length mirror. Genius! It also gives the impression of much space!
- This adjustable 8-tier door rack is highly customizable for your medicine storage needs and has been used successfully in kitchen cabinets as well.
12. Funny Medicine Labels
Grab these funny medicine labels for your medicine organizers with sayings like, You think I’m hot? for fever items. Or “You’re A Pain” for studd like pain medication or burns. via Fantabulosity
13. Medical Organizer Box
This fun idea using a tackle box to create a medical organizer box for first aid supplies is so clever! via Apartment Therapy
I actually have one of these that I use to store my essential oils because all those cute little bottles need a home with easy access and can take up so much space.
14. Medicine Drawers for Your Bathroom Cabinet Organizer
Instead of a cabinet, organize your medicine in medicine drawers labeled accordingly. It’s a great solution to keep bandaids, wraps, creams, and smaller medical supplies together. via Simply Stacie
15. Magnetic Containers are Perfect Cabinet Storage
These DIY magnetic containers are perfect for under the shelf storage for tiny items. You can keep together your bobby pins, rubber bands, cotton balls, Q-Tips, and more! Anything that has a high frequency of use. Love this way to give so much space to these smaller items! via BuzzFeed
16. Other Parts Of Your Home Cluttered?
We love this course about decluttering & organizing the home! So many friends have taken it and love it, too. Easy to follow & you get lifetime access!
More Organization & Storage Ideas Beyond the Bathroom
- Keep your board games neat and orderly with these board game organizer ideas.
- I don’t know about you, but my pantry is usually a cluttered mess. This post has 10 awesome ideas on how to organize your pantry.
- Need some smart solutions for Hotwheel storage?
- These smart toy storage ideas can help anywhere in the house.
- We have the best cable management ideas!
- Lego storage has never been easier.
- Purse organizer ideas that are life changing.
- We have nearly 100 life hacks that can help you keep your life organized and easy…well easier.
Have you become an expert medicine cabinet organizer?