Can you believe it? Halloween is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to decide which types of Halloween candy you’re going to buy for all the costumed kids who will be ringing your doorbell soon. It may be a little harder to pick this year because Hershey’s has come out with new Halloween candy.
Actually there has been a ton of new candy coming out lately that includes various red syrups to mimic blood or include orange and green coloring. It’s all tasty and sweet, but sometimes it is a bit much.
Nothing beats traditional candy and these are the sweet offerings (aka best Halloween candy) that the trick-or-treaters in your neighborhood will want most this Halloween.
This is our top 10 pick of the best Halloween candy. Some of them may be a little controversial, but bare with us!
1. Candy Corn
This one may be controversial, but it will always be my favorite. There are so many different candy corn flavors now that there is one for everyone. Plus, the way they melt in your mouth is the best.
2. Hershey Bar
Simple yet delicious! Who doesn’t love the basic Hershey bar? Plus, even if you aren’t a fan of just plain chocolate it has so many purposes!
3. Tootsie Rolls
This one is just nostalgic. Who doesn’t love a good Tootsie roll every once in a while? We all loved them as children!
4. Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
This is what I’m talking about! Chocolate and peanut butter is the perfect combination. It is one of the items I take every year as a “candy tax.”
5. Kit Kat
Kit Kats are another candy that are simple, and yet amazing. Who knew all we needed in life was chocolate covered wafers to make us happy.
Twizzlers are another classic candy. The chewiness of them and the faint flavor that is massively overwhelmed by sweetness is another nostalgic candy. My grandmother always handed these out every year.
7. Nestle Crunch Bars
This is my all-time favorite candy. The sweet chocolate and the crunchy rice cereal in them is just the absolute best.
8. Three Musketeers
These are super sweet, but there is something so addictive about that chewy nugget in the middle. What is awesome to do with these is freeze them, crush them, and add them to ice cream. You’ll thank me later!
Who doesn’t love M&M’s. These little colorful chocolate pieces are the staple of anyone’s childhood.
These are the favorites of many here at Kids Activities Blog. So many of us devoured these as kids. They didn’t have a whole lot of flavoring, but they were sweet, tart, and melted in your mouth when chewed. Delicious!
Did we include all your favorites on this list of candy? What do you think is the best Halloween candy? What types of candy will you be giving out this year to trick-or-treaters?
SOME OF OUR FAVORITE HALLOWEEN FUN:
- These trick or treating hacks will make your house extra spooky this Halloween!
- Make these healthy Halloween foods for your kids.
- Cutest candy corn cookies ever!
- Here are all the things you need for a Halloween party.
- Need a laugh? Check out this Halloween parody.
- Your kids will go bananas for these Halloween banana pops treats!
- Remember the ceramic Christmas tree your grandma had out every year? There’s an adorable Halloween tree now and you’ve got to see it!
- Use your leftover Snickers bars to make this yummy recipe.
- Try this fun candy corn science experiment at home.
- Halloween pudding cups make anyone’s day better!
- What do you do with all your leftover candy? Here are some fun candy ideas.
- Play these fun Halloween games with your neighbors and friends.
- Need to whip up a quick batch of Halloween cookies? Take a look at these easy Halloween cookie ideas.
- Create your own candy corn necklace using floss, glue, and paper clips.
- Need some Halloween sweet treats for an upcoming party? We’ve got you covered.
- You’ve got to read this trick or treat saying. Do you agree or disagree?