We were itching for a new bubble solution recipe, so we decided to figure out how to make homemade bouncing bubbles without glycerin! These bouncing bubbles are a perfect complement to our homemade sugar bubble recipe, which makes super strong bubbles!
When we saw this recipe from our friend Katie, we knew it would be a winner!
Bouncing Bubbles Without Glycerin
Here’s what you need to make bouncing bubbles without glycerin:
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp concentrated dish soap
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Soft knit winter gloves
- Bubble wand
Add the water to a small bowl and pour in the dish soap. Add the sugar and stir gently until the sugar is dissolved. Now your bubble solution is ready and it’s time for the FUN!
Put on the winter gloves and gently blow bubbles using the bubble wand.
You can use your gloved hands to catch the bubbles and even bounce them!
The sugar helps slow down water evaporation in the bubbles, which lets the bubbles last longer. The oils on our hands can break the surface tension of the bubbles, causing them to pop. The winter gloves keep the bubbles from coming in contact with our skins’ oils, so they can bounce and do all kinds of fun things!
Homemade Bouncing Bubble Solution Fun
This activity will add a little magic to any day, and you probably already have everything you need to make these bubbles.
So what are you waiting for? Get started on your homemade bubble solution and make those bouncing bubbles! Let us know in the comments which bubble recipe is your favorite.
FOR MORE STUCK AT HOME RESOURCES:
- Join one of your kids’ favorite authors or illustrators for online story time!
- Travel the world from your couch with this list of 40+ virtual field trips.
- A dozen moms shared how they are keeping sane with a schedule for school at home.
- Let kids explore this virtual Hogwarts escape room!
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home!
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- This gigantic list of subscriptions from education companies will help get your home learning off the ground.
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5 minute crafts are saving my bacon right now — so easy!
- Impress your “students” with fun facts for kids!