There are few things better than a delicious chocolate cake. This Chocolate Dump Cake recipe leaves you with a rich and decadent dessert using only 4 ingredients. It takes only a few minutes to prepare, making it an easy option for anyone with a chocolate craving.
The Easiest Chocolate Cake Recipe
Sometimes I’m not in the mood to cook or bake but I really want to enjoy something homemade. This is one of my favorite go-to recipes that I make often to satisfy my sweet tooth. You don’t even need a mixing bowl! Dump cakes are notoriously simple and yummy. A culinary degree isn’t necessary to make a great cake. I especially love Pumpkin Dump Cake in the fall and Peach Dump Cake in the summer! The pudding mix in this recipe makes the cake extra moist, all you need is to top it with a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream and you have the perfect dessert.
How to Make This Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe
As expected, there are a few steps required to make this chocolate cake with pudding recipe. The main ingredients are dry chocolate cake mix and dry pudding mix, which are inexpensive and easy to find. Plus, everyone has some sort of milk in their refrigerator. That’s all you need to make this dessert! It’s that easy. You just have to handle the smell of it baking and wait for it to come out of the oven to enjoy it. It’s hard but worth it!
Related: Peach Dump Cake
Ingredients Needed to Make Chocolate Dump Cake
- Chocolate cake mix – Dry, and you can use any brand and chocolate variation you like! I enjoy classic chocolate or devil’s food.
- Chocolate Pudding mix – Dry, and again, you can use whatever you like! My favorite is chocolate fudge if I want to take the rich flavor up a notch.
- Milk – Whole or 2% are the best options.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – Substitute with dark chocolate chips if you prefer.
Instructions For This Dump Cake With Chocolate Cake Mix
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare your 9×13 baking dish and coat evenly with nonstick cooking spray.
Sprinkle the cake mix evenly into the bottom of the dish and then sprinkle the pudding mix on top.
Add the pudding mix, then the chocolate chips and then the milk. Reserve ½ cup of the chocolate chips.
Stir until combined.
Tip: If you would prefer to mix the ingredients in a bowl before transferring them to the baking dish, you can.
Sprinkle the reserved chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 35-40 minutes. Make sure the top is set and slightly firm and the edges are starting to release from the side of the pan.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Serve at room temperature or warm.
Serving Suggestions FOR THIS CHOCOLATE DUMP CAKE RECIPE
Here are our favorite options for toppings to go with this chocolate dump cake.
- Vanilla ice cream
- Hot fudge
- Crushed cookies
- Whipped cream
- Caramel sauce
- Slice strawberries
More Easy Chocolate Recipes From Kids Activities Blog
- Fudge is so rich and easy to make. This Easy Chocolate Fudge recipe only requires 5 ingredients!
- I love no-bake treats. If you love the chocolate and caramel combo, this Simple No Bake Chocolate Turtle Bar recipe is for you.
- If you are after a recipe that’s even easier (and a single serving) try a mug cake. This recipe for Delicious Chocolate Lava Mug Cake is super fast to make.
- Did you know that you can make hot chocolate in a crockpot? This Best Crockpot Hot Chocolate recipe is a fast way to make this yummy drink for everyone in your family all at once!
- We have great bisquick recipes including cake!
- This easy fudge recipe is so good!
Leave a comment below and let us know if you’ve made this Chocolate Dump Cake. We’d love to hear about your favorite toppings!
- 1 box (15.25 oz) chocolate cake mix, dry
- 1 box (3.9 oz) instant chocolate dry pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 (12oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Serving Options
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate or Hot Fudge Sauce
- Cookies, crushed
- Whip Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Coat a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly into baking dish
- Evenly sprinkle pudding mix on top
- Reserve ½ cup of chocolate chips
- Add remaining chocolate chips to cake
- Pour milk over dry mixes
- Stir gently until well combined **see notes
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup chocolate chips
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is set and the edges pull away from the baking dish
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack
- Allow to cool slightly to serve warm with ice cream, or cool completely
- Store leftovers covered with plastic wrap
You can also mix everything in a bowl and then add to the baking dish