Does Spending Time Outside REALLY Make Use Happier?
What About Green Space…Is That Enough?
Spend Time Outdoors and Encourage a Love of Nature
Activities that can inspire a love of nature in Kids
- Create a garden. It’s also a great opportunity to teach them about what plants need to grow. Check out our gardening with kids tips.
- Scavenger hunts. Create a list of nature-items to find and send them out to gather everything from twigs to bark.
- Have a picnic – here are oh so many picnic ideas!
- Go for a walk or hike.
- Plan to go out every day, no matter what the weather. After all, kids love puddles.
More Fun Things to Do Outside from Kids Activities Blog
- Let’s play some sidewalk chalk games.
- We have over 50 summer camp activities that you can do in your backyard.
- Make some shadow art on your sidewalk.
- Build a stick fort!
- Here are a bunch of ideas to take art outdoors with outdoor art projects.
- Have you considered a springfree trampoline?
- Make a backyard balloon rocket…super fun science you can easily do outside.
- Make these DIY wind chimes to hang outside.
- Have you seen this giant backyard seesaw?
- Let’s play some outdoor family games!