I had never heard of a camping bunk bed, a travel bunk bed or a portable bunk bed until I saw this genius solution! Whether your kids are camping out, visiting the grandparents, or having a sleepover this summer, chances are, sleeping space will be at a minimum. This kids camping bed idea is genius!
This article includes affiliate links.
Camping Bunk Beds Are So Cool
Fortunately there’s an easy peasy solution that both kids and parents will love: a mobile bunk bed called the Kid-O-Bunk from Disc-O-Bed.
Travel Camp Bunk Beds that are Portable
Kids will love how comfortable this camping bunk bed is, and parents will love how easy it is to set up! Oh, and even though it is referred to as a camping bunk bed for children, the truth is that it is extremely portable so it can be used a bunch of different ways like for sleepovers or travel.
Camping Bunk Bed Mattress Information
There is no mattress on this travel bunk bed, but a parent and son team invented and engineered it that way intentionally with no center beam or third leg.
Instead, the Kid-O-Bunk camping bunkbeds are designed with a polyester fabric platform that conforms to body shape.
Camping Bunk Bed has Portable Bunk Bed Frame
Plus, the travel bunk bed frame is made with anti-rust steel which makes it both strong and durable.
So even if the kiddos are sleeping outdoors, they’ll still get a good night’s rest.
Setting Up the Camping Bunk Beds
Setup requires no tools and only takes a few minutes. Plus, it’s water resistant and easy to clean. No tools are required for assembly. They are designed with frequent set up & transport in mind.
The end frame is also designed with camping in mind so that the mobile bunk bed won’t sink into the ground while camping.
You will also be glad to hear that it won’t hurt floors during sleepovers either!
How Big are the Portable Bunk Beds?
- While they’re sizable beds — when assembled, they’re 65 inches long and are suited for kids up to 200 lbs.
- Each kid-o-bunk comes with a canvas carry bag that zippers.
Just in case you’re not convinced that your kids need the Kid-O-Bunk quite yet, here’s one of my favorite parts.
Camping Bunk Bed Turns into 2 Cots
It’s not just a mobile bunk bed. It can also be converted to two single beds, or be used as a sitting bench.
Portable Bunk Beds with Organizers
As a bonus, it also comes with two organizers that can be attached to the sleeping deck. My kids will love storing their overnight things in the organizers!
“I like them because you can un-bunk them. I also like them because you can take them apart and carry them around in little bags.”-7 year old reviewer
How cute is that?!
The Kid-O-Bunk is designed with kids age 7 to 12 in mind, and they currently come in six color choices. My favorite is the lime green.
Buying Your Camping Bunk Beds
I call the lime green one!
Prices start at $289 on Amazon.
You can grab your travel bunk bed set HERE.
More Camping & Travel Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Need some fun ideas for backyard camping adventures with kids?
- We have all the hacks and tips for camping with kids.
- You really don’t have to go camping to start making these campfire desserts that we absolutely adore!
- We have the best travel games for kids!
- I am a little obsessed with this car roof top tent – I didn’t even know THESE existed either!
- If you can’t make it out, then check out this list of virtual camps!
- OH MY GOODNESS…make stick forts for your camping bunk bed!
- Check out our things to do with kids on a road trip…make getting there more fun!
- Our very favorite recipe…of really all time is…smore cones!
- Here is some of our favorite foil wrapped campfire food for kids.
- Over 50 picnic ideas for kids, families and pretty much everyone!
- Need some easy family time ideas? We have a bunch that would work great at home or on your next camping trip.
- If you are staying home, then these kids indoor fort ideas are complete genius.
- Summer camp activities are the best camping activities for kids!
- If you are looking for bunk beds that are a little more permanent, then check out over 40 bunk bed ideas that we love.
- Check out these boys sleepover ideas! Nothing says family and friend fun like a sleepover.
- For more bedroom ideas, check out these 10 most incredible themed bedrooms for kids!
- Looking for some sleepover games? There are so many to choose from!
We love these camping bunk beds and all the fun that it could create for the family!