Kids will have fun learning about their favorite stars and constellations with these fun constellation sewing cards, also called lacing cards or lace-up cards. Invite your kids to have fun navigating their way around the star paths while honing their hand-eye coordination skills. Constellations for kids activities like these lace up cards work great at home or in the classroom.
Printable Star Sewing Cards with Constellations
Kids will learn the constellations in no time with this simple hands on activity. A quick download of our constellation printable, paper punch, thread or yarn and a kid-safe needle is all it takes for kids to enjoy this fun constellation activity.
Related: Fun facts about stars
Tip: For younger kids make the holes a little bigger and you can capture some wool inside a small piece of pipe cleaner and bend it to form a “needle.” Super safe!
Download your Printable Constellation Star Sewing Cards
Learn the Constellations
There are three sets of constellation sewing cards. Each set has a pair of constellations to explore. Check out the pictures below of each of the constellations in the sky.
1. This lacing card pair features the constellations, Andromeda and The Little Dipper.
2. These kids sewing cards feature the constellations, The Big Dipper and Canis Major.
3. This pair of kids sewing cards feature the constellations, Orion and Cassiopeia.
More Constellation Information for Learning
1. Big & Little Dipper Position in the Sky
Constellation Sewing Cards Set 1 & 2 feature The Little Dipper and the Big Dipper. See how the North Star can be easily identified when you find the big and little dipper constellations in the sky.
2. Orion Constellation
Orion is a constellation named after the Greek mythology hunter. It can be identified easily and is best seen in the month of January.
3. Andromeda Constellation
The Andromeda constellation is also called The Chained Lady and is a little more difficult to identify in the sky, but best observed in the month of November.
More Star Activities from Kids Activities Blog
- Continue The Star Gazing Fun With Our Paper Tube Telescope Craft and Printable Constellation Viewing Cards
- Make an origami star
- Make starry night sensory bottle
- Our homemade galaxy playdough is the best
- Kids can learn how to draw a star with this printable tutorial
- 100 stars is one of our favorite 100 days of school shirt ideas
- Download & print these cute star coloring pages
Did this activity for constellations for kids delight your children?