X is for Xylophone Craft – Preschool X Craft
Making an ‘X is for xylophone craft’ is a fun way to introduce another letter of the alphabet. This Letter X Craft is one of our favorite letter X activities for preschoolers because the word xylophone starts with X and the letter craft is shaped like the letter X. This letter X preschool craft works well at home or in the preschool classroom.
Easy Letter X Craft
Preschoolers can either draw the letter X shape themselves or use our letter X template. Our favorite part of this letter craft is attaching the pipe cleaners and pom poms to make a xylophone!
Related: More easy letter X crafts
This article contains affiliate links.
- 1 red pipe cleaner
- construction paper in any color but white
- letter A cut out on white paper or construction paper or printed letter a template – see below
- scissors or preschool training scissors
Watch How To Make Preschool X Is For Xylophone Craft
Instructions For Letter X Preschool Craft: Xylophone
Step 1 – Create the Letter X Shape
Trace and cut out letter X or download, print and cut out this letter X template:
Step 2 – Give Craft a Canvas Foundation
Glue the letter X onto the piece of construction paper of a contrasting color.
Step 3 – Add the Xylophone Details to the Letter X
- For the xylophone: Cut strips of colorful paper and glue them to the letter X.
- For the xylophone sticks: Take the pipe cleaners and add the pom poms to the top.
Finished X is for Xylophone Craft
X is for Xylophone craft is done!
More Ways to Learn the Letter X from Kids Activities Blog
- Big resource of letter X learning for kids of all ages.
- Fun X is for xylophone Craft. You can make your own xylophone.
- Print these Letter X worksheets.
- Practice with these Letter X tracing worksheets.
- Don’t forget this letter x coloring page!
What changes did you make to the X is for xylophone preschool craft?