Let’s make this really cute (& royal) toilet roll Leprechaun King craft!
This fun Leprechaun craft is perfect for celebrating:
- St. Patrick’s day on Wednesday, March 17, 2021
- National Leprechaun Day on Thursday, May 13th, 2021
- Any day…because leprechaun crafts are great fun!
Let’s start by making this toilet roll leprechaun king and a group of his leprechaun friends for some shenanigans with your kids!
Being from Ireland, I just couldn’t resist sharing a little bit of leprechaun crafting mischief with you.
This craft is made with a humble toilet paper tube and scraps of paper!
Caution! Have your kids keep their eyes peeled on this wee fella. Leprechauns are smart, mischievous little faeries who’ll do anything to escape capture, even if it means turning them into a frog!
This post contains affiliate links.
How to Craft a Leprechaun King from a Toilet Paper Roll
Supplies Needed to Make a Leprechaun
- a toilet paper roll (or craft roll)
- a rectangle of green paper for the King’s suit
- a rectangle of orange paper for the beard with slits cut all along one side
- two longer strips of orange paper for the hair at either side of the beard
- a strip of gold paper, cut into a crown shape
*You can also just use construction paper!
Steps to Make a Leprechaun King
Curl the orange beard and hair strips around a pencil (or pen) to give it a lovely ‘bounce’.
Glue the green paper suit, beard, and hair into position on the toilet paper tube.
Then, glue on the crown.
Finally, draw little dots for the eyes, nose, and mouth. I used a mini brown pom pom for the nose for added cuteness!
And that’s it! You have finished your Leprechaun King craft…you may want to make a royal Leprechaun court to serve him…
More Leprechaun Crafts & Ways to Celebrate from Kids Activities Blog
- This Handprint Leprechaun Craft is so much fun! And it only requires a few on hand supplies.
- Make a simple leprechaun craft out of a toilet paper roll. This is great for preschoolers!
- We love eating this easy Leprechaun bark recipe…you have to taste it!
- Have you read the story, Leprechauns Never Lie? Check out this fun leprechaun story for kids with coordinating play ideas.
- Download & print our super cute Leprechaun pictures to color.
- Check out these adorable Leprechaun preschool worksheets you can print at home or school.
- Design and customize your own paper doll with this St. Patrick’s Paper Doll Printable.
- Or take a peek at these 20+ Shamrock Crafts and Activities!
- Reward yourself for all of that fun crafting with this yummy St. Patrick’s Cinnamon Rolls Recipe!
Did your kids enjoy this mischievous leprechaun king craft?