Celebrate the rainbow with rainbow activities and rainbow crafts for kids! Kids of all ages like toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarten kids will have a blast doing these rainbow activities and rainbow crafts. We have chosen our favorite 21 colorful rainbow activities, crafts, sensory projects and fun foods for you and your little ones. Spring, St Patrick’s Day, National Find a Rainbow Day or any day is the perfect time to do rainbow activities at home or in the classroom.
Rainbow Activities for Kids of All Ages – Preschool to Older
There is something so magical about rainbow activities, arts & crafts! Kids of all ages love rainbows and rainbows just have a way of bringing everyone together. Whether you are crafting to get ready to celebrate National Find a Rainbow Day, or just looking to brighten your house or classroom for spring, these rainbow ideas for kids are sure to inspire!
Related: Fun facts about rainbows for kids
National Find a Rainbow Day
Did you know that April 3 is National Find a Rainbow Day? Rainbows have their own day on the calendar for celebration! Let’s spend rainbow day finding rainbows, doing rainbow activities, making rainbow crafts and learning more about the colorful miracle!
Rainbow Activities for Preschoolers
1. Create a Rainbow Puzzle
Foster your children’s creative side by letting them make their own rainbows with this make a rainbow puzzle craft!
2. DIY LEGO Rainbow Activity
Your little LEGO fanatics will love creating a LEGO rainbow!
3. Dye Scented Rainbow Beans
Let them explore with scented sensory rainbow beans!
4. Make a Rainbow Art Project
Brighten the walls with rainbow cereal art!
5. Create a Rainbow Stacking Game
Who doesn’t love rainbows and pitting colors in order?! Rainbow stacked hearts, from alittlelearningfortwo, look great hanging on the wall or door!
Rainbow Activities for Kids
6. Make Rainbow Slime
Kids love to make slime, especially if it’s rainbow slime!
7. Easy Way to Learn the Colors of the Rainbow
We have a printable sheet that works through the colors of the rainbow in order for learning and coloring fun! When working with little kids, check out our counting the colors of the rainbow worksheets.
8. Print a Rainbow Printable
- Rainbow coloring sheet
- Rainbow coloring pages
- Rainbow hidden pictures game
- Rainbow color by number worksheet
- Rainbow dot to dot activity
- Printable rainbow theme maze for kids
- Make your own rainbow jigsaw puzzle
- Preschool rainbow matching game
- Rainbow sight words & writing practice worksheets
- Rainbow unicorn coloring page
- Rainbow fish coloring pages
- Rainbow butterfly coloring pages
- Rainbow doodles
- Rainbow zentangle
Related: More printable rainbow crafts we love
9. Make Rainbow Scratch Designs
Remember traditional scratch art? Check out all the fun where you can make art with a rainbow in the background.
10. Make a Melted Crayon Rainbow Art Display
Making this melted crayon rainbow from Meg Duerksen of Whatever… is so easy! Just glue the crayons onto canvas art board, and turn on the hair dryer!
11. Learn to Draw a Rainbow
It is easy with our step by step drawing guide to learn how to draw a rainbow!
12. Make a Rainbow Craft
Rainbow hues certainly aren’t limited to just St Patrick’s Day, thank goodness! How gorgeous is this DIY Rainbow Fascinator from studiodiy?
13. DIY Rainbow Inspired Play House
Make a Rainbow Hotel For Little People! Decorate your cardboard playhouse or leprechaun trap with a colorful and welcoming rainbow roof. See the magic on MollyMooCrafts (currently unavailable).
Related: Check out these fun rainbow craft and rainbow art ideas for kids
14. Preschool Construction Paper Rainbow Craft Idea
The Nerd’s Wife‘s construction paper rainbow craft is perfect for your preschooler!
15. Easy Yarn Rainbow Craft
Make this easy yarn rainbow craft which is perfect for preschoolers.
16. Make a Mosaic Rainbow Craft
One of my very favorite paper plate crafts of all time is this colorful and cool mosaic rainbow art for kids.
17. Craft a Colorful Rainbow Pinwheel
It’s time to have some more fun with Rainbows and Pinwheels. This rainbow pinwheel wreath from Simple Easy Creative is so striking!
18. Make Rainbow Coasters to Use or Give
Hello Glow’s rainbow woven felt coasters are a quick no-sew project that kids can easily whip up as a present (link currently unavailable).
19. Colorful Hoop Art Inspired by Rainbows for Kids
Makeandtakes‘ rainbow threaded embroidery hoop is a fun rainbow wheel of awesome!
20. Milk Paint Popcorn Rainbow Arts & Crafts
Make a milk paint rainbow masterpiece! It is a super fun way to play with food and make something crafty.
21. Rainbow Sugar Scrub Project for Kids
Make this cool and colorful rainbow sugar scrub recipe easy enough that kids can make it!
Related: More rainbow crafts we love
Rainbow Treats and Snacks
These rainbow treats are perfect for a St. Patrick’s Day party or any party really! Nothing brings out the smiles like a rainbow… especially if it’s in the form of a cake or treat!
22. Bake Rainbow Cupcakes as a Treat
Rainbow Cupcakes are so fun to make! And when you’re finished baking, you’ll have a yummy and colorful treat!
23. Make a Rainbow Cake
This rainbow Barbie cake with matching rainbow pushup cake pops, from Totally The Bomb, will be the hit of any party!
24. Cook Up Some Rainbow Pasta
Serve up some smiles with rainbow pasta.
25. Rainbow Vegetable Snack Idea
Check out this cool rainbow snack with only veggies that make a colorful addition to any rainbow day!
26. Rainbow Ice Cream for the Win
How fun are these rainbow ice cream cones, from The Nerd’s Wife.
Related: More Rainbow treats we love
More St. Patricks Day Ideas from Kids Activities Blog
- St. Patrick’s Day Shake
- Kid’s Irish Flag Craft
- Easy St. Patrick’s Day Snack
- 25 Yummy St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- 5 Classic Irish Recipes for St. Patrick’s Day
- Toilet paper Roll Leprechaun King
- Check out these shamrock crafts!
Comment below with your favorite rainbow crafts for kids!