This homemade rainbow slime recipe is one of our favorite easy slime recipes to make because it requires just two ingredients. Kids of all ages can help make this Elmers glue slime recipe and then have hours of slime playing fun. Make rainbow slime at home or in the classroom.
Easy Rainbow Slime Recipe
Making homemade slime is great fun for kids of all ages. We love this slime starter kit that includes Magical Liquid or you can substitute baking soda & contact solution.
Related: More slime recipes without borax
We love using glitter glue in slime recipes because it makes the finished homemade slime shimmery and sparkly!
This article contains affiliate links.
Supplies for making rainbow slime without borax
- Elmer’s Rainbow Slime Starter Kit (Red, Green, and Blue glitter glue)
- Elmer’s Magical liquid (or 1 1/2 Tbsp baking soda & 3 Tbsp contact solution)
How to make Rainbow Slime
To create slime with Elmer’s Magical Liquid, add one bottle of Elmer’s glue to a bowl and stir in the entire bottle of magical liquid.
Stretch and knead until it achieves the perfect slime consistency for play.
To create Rainbow Slime, you’ll need to repeat the process to make a batch of green slime, red slime, and blue slime.
Finished rainbow slime
Kids can decide if they want to play with the colors independently or mush them together into a lovely sparkly rainbow combination.
How to Make Slime without Elmer’s Magical Liquid
If you do not have magical liquid, you can substitute common household ingredients:
- Mix a bottle of glitter glue with 1/2 Tbsp baking soda until combined.
- Then stir in 1 Tbsp contact solution until the slime starts to form.
- Stretch and knead until the slime reaches your desired consistency.
- Layer the three colors together and you’ve got a fun batch of RAINBOW SLIME!!
Elmer’s Glue Slime Starter Kits
Making slime is easier with slime starter kits. We used Elmer’s Rainbow Slime Starter Kit.
- The rainbow slime kit comes with three colors of glitter glue — red, green, and blue.
- There are other slime kits like confetti slime, dinosaur glow in the dark slime, and metallic slime.
- There are a lot of different slime kits here or try these slime kits and don’t miss to try out this one of a kind Magnetic slime.
Our Experience Using Elmer’s Magical Liquid
The slime that we made with Elmer’s Magical Liquid was much stickier and stretchier than other slimes we’ve made. My son loved just how FUN it was to play with!
- Elmer's Rainbow slime starter kit
- Elmer's magical liquid or 1 1/2 Tbsp Arm and Hammer baking soda & 3 Tbsp contact solution
- 3 Bowls for mixing
- To create slime with Elmer’s Magical Liquid, add one bottle of Elmer’s glue to a bowl and stir in the entire bottle of magical liquid. That’s all!
- To create Rainbow Slime, you’ll need to make a batch of green slime, red slime, and blue slime. Layer the three colors together and you’ve got a fun batch of RAINBOW SLIME!!
If you don’t have Elmer’s Magical Liquid, mix a bottle of glitter glue with 1/2 Tbsp baking soda until combined. Then stir in 1 Tbsp contact solution until the slime starts to form. Stretch and knead until the slime reaches your desired consistency.
OTHER SLIME RECIPES from Kids Activities Blog
- Have a Pokemon fan at home? Try this slime pokemon
- Chug jug with this Fornite slime.
- Glow in the dark slime and glowing slime is perfect for craft nights.
- Spark the interest in outer space using this Galaxy slime
- Your unicorn loving kids might enjoy this Unicorn slime & Unicorn snot slime.
- Celebrate Holidays by making this Christmas tree slime and snow slime.
- This snow cone slime makes you want to crave for a real snow cone.
- Ghost slime makes a perfect party favor for your Halloween party.
- Make this taste safe Edible slime for toddlers.
- Elsa’s Frozen slime will be a great activity in the winter.
- Can slime be creepiest and coolest at the same time? Try this toy story alien slime
- Check out these ooey-gooey slime recipes
- Dr.Seuss Green eggs slime is the perfect craft to make on Dr. Seuss Day.
- This frog vomit slime along with frog toys makes a perfect sensory bin.
- Do you love The Lion King movie? Try this Lion king grub slime inspired by the movie.
- Dragon slime is the best texturous slime.
- Try this Avengers inspired Infinity Gauntlet slime.
More Rainbow Crafts and Activities From Kids Activities Blog
We have so many great rainbow arts and crafts!
How did your rainbow slime turn out?