This tutorial is for a puzzle and you can make it fast and easy with felt! Make a rainbow puzzle for your little ones that can be pieced together over and over. Kids Activities Blog loves activities for toddlers like this one because they foster children’s creative side by letting them make their own rainbows.
Thanks to Leah at Simple.Home.Blessings. for being a Quirky Momma for the day!
Our little one loves puzzles. She doesn't always get every one of them, but they are fascinating to her. I love that she is interested in them because they are one of my absolute favorite things to do (during all that free time I have).
In light of this fact, I had a brainstorm the other day that involved felt. I seem to be having quite a few of those lately. This particular brainstorm resulted in this:
I created this without a pattern; but it was very easy to put together.
Make a Rainbow Puzzle
To make you need:
- Felt in red, orange, yellow, blue (I used two different shades), green, purple, and white
- Scissors (I used fabric scissors)
- Take the purple felt and cut out a small semi-circle from the edge. Place the semi-circle over the green felt and cut a semi-circle 1/2 inch larger than the purple one.
- Take the purple semi-circle and cut a 1/2 inch strip off of the top to create a curve.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the remaining colors in reverse color spectrum order (blue, yellow, orange, red).
- Cut free-form clouds out of the white felt.
- Place onto full sheet of blue felt in a rainbow.
Activities for Toddlers
G enjoyed making rainbows all week and she did it so artfully (one of the results):
More Kids Activities
We love how cute this puzzle is and how easy it is to make it. What other ways can you think of to make a rainbow puzzle? For more great kids activities, take a look at a few of these ideas: