If you’re looking for a super cute St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Cupcake Recipe, a fun treat to serve at a kid’s birthday party, or a Spring activity, check out this colorful cupcake idea!
How to Make Colorful Rainbow Cupcakes
This post contains affiliate links.
- White cake mix
- Food Dye (we used the gel kind)
- Lots of little bowls and spoons
- Cupcake liners and a cupcake pan
- Icing and sprinkles
- Mix the batter.
- Then, separate the batter into different bowls, and added the food dye to each bowl. (My birthday girl chose the colors: pink, blue purple, green and yellow. If we ever do this again, we would probably eliminate the color purple, it came out a funny almost gray/brown color once baked).
- Once the bowls of color are created, drop spoonfuls of the dyed batter into cupcake cups. If you have leftovers, you can make a marbled mini-cake!
- Then into the oven to bake, per the baking directions on the cake mix box that you use.
That’s how simple it is to make Rainbow Cupcakes! They were a huge hit! These cupcakes are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, or any other occasion.
More Baking Inspiration
Once I bake a batch of cupcakes, I always want to make more cupcakes. I love how the house smells after I’ve been baking! If you’re looking for more baking ideas, check these out:
- 25 Cake Mix Hacks For You To Make
- Easter (Surprise!) Cupcakes
- 10 Cake Tips To Bring Baking From Box To Amazing
Follow The Rainbow
Now that your little one has a yummy rainbow snack, continue the fun with more rainbow crafts and more rainbow snack ideas! These are perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day at home or in the classroom.
Aren’t these colorful rainbow rainbow cupcakes perfect? Do you make special treats for St. Patrick’s Day? Tell us in the comments!