If you’re looking for a super cute St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Cupcake Recipe, a fun treat to serve at a kid’s birthday party, or a Spring activity, check out this colorful cupcake idea!
How to Make Colorful Rainbow Cupcakes
This post contains affiliate links.
- White cake mix
- Food Dye (we used the gel kind)
- Lots of little bowls and spoons
- Cupcake liners and a cupcake pan
- Icing and sprinkles
- Mix the batter.
- Then, separate the batter into different bowls, and added the food dye to each bowl. (My birthday girl chose the colors: pink, blue purple, green and yellow. If we ever do this again, we would probably eliminate the color purple, it came out a funny almost gray/brown color once baked).
- Once the bowls of color are created, drop spoonfuls of the dyed batter into cupcake cups. If you have leftovers, you can make a marbled mini-cake!
- Then into the oven to bake, per the baking directions on the cake mix box that you use.
That’s how simple it is to make Rainbow Cupcakes! They were a huge hit! These cupcakes are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, or any other occasion.
More Baking Inspiration
Once I bake a batch of cupcakes, I always want to make more cupcakes. I love how the house smells after I’ve been baking! If you’re looking for more baking ideas, check these out:
- 25 Cake Mix Hacks For You To Make
- Easter (Surprise!) Cupcakes
- 10 Cake Tips To Bring Baking From Box To Amazing
Follow The Rainbow
Now that your little one has a yummy rainbow snack, continue the fun with more rainbow crafts and more rainbow snack ideas! These are perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day at home or in the classroom.
- Rainbow Slime
- Rainbow Cereal Art
- 18 Printable Rainbow Crafts and Activities
- 25 Rainbow Foods For Kids
Aren’t these colorful rainbow rainbow cupcakes perfect? Do you make special treats for St. Patrick’s Day? Tell us in the comments!