It is time to get creative with these Letter A crafts! A is the first letter of the alphabet. Apples, angels, alligators, airplanes, apple trees, avocados, aardvark…there are many words that start with the letter A. Today we have some fun preschool letter A crafts & activities to practice letter recognition and writing skill building that work well in the classroom or at home.
Learning the Letter A Through Crafts & Activities
These awesome letter A crafts and activities are perfect for kids ages 2-5. These fun letter alphabet crafts are a great way to teach your toddler, preschooler, or kindergartener their letters. So grab your paper, glue stick, and crayons and start learning the letter A!
Related: More ways to learn the letter A
This article contains affiliate links.
Letter A Crafts For Kids
1. A is for Angel Craft
This angel made from the letter A is a fun project and is easy to make. It’s so easy to make with paper, feathers, googly eyes, and pipe cleaners. Don’t forget the black marker to give the angel a smiley face.
2. A is for Apple Craft
This paper plate apple craft is the easiest apple craft we have here at Kids Activities Blog that makes it a great alphabet craft for even toddlers!
3. A Is For Alligator Craft
Make an A is for alligator craft where we turn the letter a into a green alligator! via Miss Marens Monkeys
4. Ants On The Apple Craft
To work on the lowercase a, make this ants on the apple craft. Grab your red paint, black paint, and green paper, for this letter a craft. via Pinterest
5. A is for Alien Craft
Use your handprint to make a letter a alien. via Red Ted Art
6. A is for Acorn Craft
Use a lowercase a to make a paper acorn. via MPM School Supplies
7. Apple Tree Craft for the Letter A
Make an apple tree from construction paper and use a stickers to place apples on them! via 123 Homeschool 4 Me
8. Toilet Paper Roll A is for Airplane Craft
Turn the letter A into a toilet roll airplane! This is the perfect way to learn the letter a as well as recycle. So grab your paint and popsicle sticks use different colors to make the coolest airplane. via Sunshine Whispers
9. A is for Astronaut Craft
The best way to learn is by hands on crafts. This letter a astronaut is a fun alphabet craft. via Glued To My Crafts Blog
Letter A Activities for Preschool
10. Letter A Sound Activity
Use this printable to work on the letter A sound and identify which images start with the letter a. This is such a great way to learn about letter sounds. via The Measured Mom
11. Letter A Worksheets
Grab these free letter A worksheets to work on tracing the letter and identifying which objects start with an a. What a great way to learn about upper case letters and lower case letters.
12. DIY Letter A Lacing Cards
Use these letter a lacing cards to practice the letter a and things that start with it. Plus, this is a great way to work on fine motor skills as well. Paper is great, but for a sturdier lacing card, you could back them with craft foam. via Homeschool Share
More Letter A Crafts & Printable Worksheets from Kids Activities Blog
We have even more alphabet craft ideas and letter A printable worksheets for kids. Most of these are also great for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners (ages 2-5).
- Free practice tracing the letter a worksheets are perfect for reinforcing the letter a and its uppercase letter and its lowercase letter.
- Use tissue paper to make this super amazing apple craft.
- Grab your paint, pom poms, and paper plates to make this apple tree craft.
- These alligator coloring pages are so much fun and an easy letter a craft.
- Here is another alligator craft! How cute are these little alligators?
More Alphabet Crafts & Preschool Worksheets
Looking for more alphabet crafts and free alphabet printables? Here are some great ways to learn the alphabet. These are great preschool crafts and preschool activities , but these would also be a fun craft for kindergarteners and toddlers as well.
- These gummy letters can be made at home and are the cutest abc gummies ever!
- These free printable abc worksheets are a fun way for preschoolers to develop fine motor skills and practice letter shape.
- These super simple alphabet crafts and letter activities for toddlers are a great way to start learning abc’s.
- Older kids and adults will love our printable zentangle alphabet coloring pages.
- Oh so many alphabet activities for preschoolers!
Which letter a craft are you going to try first? Tell us which alphabet craft is your favorite!