I’ll go for just about any excuse to ditch the regular Math plans and have fun with something like Halloween Math Games! Here are a few Halloween math activities we’ve played.
We love featuring ideas like this on Kids Activities Blog because it makes learning fun!
Halloween Math Games
(Contains Affiliate Links)
Hershey Kiss Memory
Those white garage sale dot stickers fit perfectly on the bottom of Hershey’s Kisses. I wrote multiplication facts on the bottoms and you had to know the product in order to make a match. Chocolate is always a fun motivator! My son begged to play round after round of this game. I don’t think he’s ever begged to do multiplication fact flash cards!
Halloween Math Activities
Fact Family Pumpkin Game
The cute little pumpkin cups you can find at the dollar store are perfect for this activity. Write different numbers on your pumpkins, and then make up addition/subtraction problems that equal each number. I like this game because you can make it harder for older kids, or easier for the little ones.
For the littlest family members, you could put dots on your popsicle stick instead of math problems. Then your child would count the dots & put the stick in the right numbered pumpkin.
Come Visit The Pumpkin Farm!
This fun game takes you to the Pumpkin Farm! It’s just like playing Battleship. Each player gets a game board & a handful of pumpkins to hide in their patch. Make sure your opponent can’t see your board & take turns guessing where the other person’s pumpkins are growing.
The skinny pumpkins are worth 2 points & the fat pumpkins are worth 5 points. If you guess your opponent’s pumpkin location, you earn that number of points. We played until someone reached 20, so it was a great way to work on mental addition.
We used these record sheets during the game. They helped keep track of what we had already guessed, & where we found our opponent’s pumpkins.
This game is great for developing coordinate skills as well, since you ask your partner questions using the coordinates of the squares (A2, F5, etc).
You can download all the pages and instructions for this game by visiting Mathwire.com.
Halloween Math Activity
One last thing we always do on Halloween night is The Guessing Game! Each person guesses how much the candy bag will weigh at the end of trick-or-treating. Some years we have graphed it. Some years we just talk about it.
If you have more than 1 child, it could cause some tension if you’re weighing each bag. Of course they are going to compare who has more! I would suggest putting all the candy in one big bowl and guess the weight of total candy. Then nobody has more than anyone else…it becomes a family effort!
More Kids Activities for Halloween
These fun Halloween math games will certainly make learning math fun for your kids. Do you have any other favorite Halloween math activities? If so, we’d love to hear about them. For more kids activities for Halloween, check out these great ideas:
- Preschool Halloween Math Activities
- Halloween Math with Pumpkin Rocks
- Halloween Math Games and More…with Leftover Candy
Want More Halloween Fun?
- This jack o lantern coloring page is absolutely adorable!
- Halloween doesn’t have to be difficult! Check out these printable cut out Halloween masks.
- Make this holiday season educational with this color by sight word Halloween game.
- These Halloween science experiments are a scream!
- Work on motor skills with these free Halloween tracing worksheets.
- Go batty with these bat craft ideas!
- Your kids will love these creepy slimy Halloween sensory ideas!
- Make this October stress-free with these easy Halloween ideas for kids.
- These Halloween activities will keep this holiday season interesting.
- Learn about colors with this witches brew preschool activities.
- Get crafting with this pumpkin window cling craft. It’s super cute!
- It’s pumpkin season! These pumpkin activities are perfect for the fall.
- These old school Ghostbusters coloring pages are awesome!
- You’ll love this ghost poop recipe!
- Candy corn may be a controversial sweet, but these candy corn games are sweet!
- Looking for more coloring? We have plenty of coloring games!