Skip Counting Learning Activity for Kids with Owl Theme
Today we are learning about skip counting using one of our favorite kids crafts. Skip counting is an essential math skill that requires practice to master. We love skip counting games and activities because they add a bunch of fun to math at home or in the classroom.
Skip Counting Activity for Kids
Skip counting is a foundational skill to a variety of math concepts. We have started counting by twos and threes at my house. We have used a variety of materials to practice skip counting at home. Buttons and blocks are favorites.
Related: More fun math games
For this skip counting activity, we started by making this easy owl craft. <–grab the instructions here!
Skip Counting Practice for Kids
- Make the owl craft (or use animals or pictures of animals you have at home).
- We place owls on a tree branch and talked about the parts of the owls we were going to use for skip counting.
- Counting by Twos: Each owl had two eyes, two wings, and two feet. We would use those elements to count by twos.
- Counting by Threes: Then we counted their feet and found that they had three claws on each foot.
Learning to Count With Skips
After we were aware of what we would be counting, we counted each element:
- My son touched each area we were counting as we counted. For example: He put his finger between each owl’s eyes as we counted eyes by two.
- It was a lot of fun to work on skip counting with our homemade owls. Our owls tended to move around on the tree limb as we counted. If your child would benefit from having the owls be more stationary, you can glue the owls in place or line them up on a stick you might find outside your home.
More Skip Counting Activities from Kids Activities Blog
- Try this fun skip counting game with printable skip counting worksheet
- Use LEGO blocks: How to teach skip counting
- Make math paper bag books to teach skip counting
- Try a skip counting maze!
- Don’t miss our Learning to Count with Pumpkin Rocks
How did your kids enjoy the skip counting activity?
These are adorable!
Love these. Will definitely do the activity.
Oooh GENIOUS idea! Never saw a cupcake “like that” before. Love it.
Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!
I love this! Toot hoot cute ;P Pinning. xoxo P
We were looking for ideas for our Halloween party and love your idea. We are creating 3 eyed monsters with 4 antenna. Thank you.
YggRYqKf Cheap Xanax
Unquestionably believe that which you said.
Your favorite justification appeared to be on the internet the easiest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about worries
that they just don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks
Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
Extremely useful info specially the last part 🙂 I care for such information much.
I was looking for this certain information for a very long time.
Thank you and best of luck.
I have had to give up Cajun or blackened food altogether.
They prefer light snacks and follow healthy wholesome food.
Because if you eating less then you will face weakness in your body and you
also become ill.