Awesome ideas for threading don’t have to be complicated or take a lot of effort to pull together. This threading activity is simple and a great way to use any of the extra Halloween rings or objects you find around your house this time of year. We love simple threading activities like this at Kids Activities Blog because it also helps little ones work on fine motor skills, color recognition, and patterning… and can be worn as a necklace too!
Simple threading activity for kids
- several Halloween rings in a variety of colors (and styles if you have them- bats, spiders, etc.)
- a glowstick necklace (there are tons in the Target $1 aisle right now!)
- masking tape
How to make an awesome DIY threading necklace
- Tape one end of the glowstick to a flat surface like a table. This will ensure that it doesn’t move while little ones are adding the rings.
- Start adding the rings onto the glowstick. Talk about the colors, shapes, and patterns your child is making while you create!
- Once finished, close the glowstick necklace, turn on your favorite Halloween tunes, and dance around while moving your Halloween Ring Shaker. You can dance with it around your neck or while holding it in your hand!
Halloween rings are a choking hazard for little ones, so make sure that you supervise children when they are doing this threading activity.
What other ways have you used Halloween rings to create or learn?
Here are a few threading activities for toddlers we’ve discovered:
- Spider Ring Fishing Game via The Pleasantest Thing
- Spider Ring Sorting via Teaching Heart Blog
- Spider Ring Counting Game via Loving My Nest
More Kids Activities
Have fun with Halloween activities for children this year. Choose a fun Halloween activity from many here on Kids Activities Blog. Here are just a few other kids activities to choose from:
- Halloween Activities for Children: 12 Things to Do With Pumpkins
- Play Doh Halloween Activity
- Halloween Game with Leftover Candy