These awesome Halloween science experiments are great for kids of all ages. Toddlers, preschoolers, even elementary aged kids will so much fun with these Halloween science experiments, they won’t even know they’re learning. These science experiments for Halloween are perfect for at home fun and learning, or even in the classroom!
Halloween Science Experiments
Ooodles of inspiring Halloween science projects, experiments, ideas and seasonal recipes for play to make the most of Halloween for the kids this year.
Get ready for a lot of messy fun this Halloween with deliciously ewwwy monster slime, play dough brain surgery, pumpkin goop, melting hands, candy experiments, spooky noise makers, fizzing eyeballs and so much more.
Halloween-Inspired Science Experiments & Activities for Kids
Science doesn’t have to be dreary and boring, especially when you mix science with Halloween fun! This Halloween season is the perfect time of year to do slimy, messy, Halloween science experiments.
It is a great way to learn, while learning about the scientific method, chemical reactions, air pressure, and more!
These are some of our favorite Halloween science experiments and hope have a spooktacular time doing them.
This post contains affiliate links.
Fun and Spooky Halloween Science Experiments For Kids
1. Candy Corn Science Experiment
Use candy corn and the scientific method to learn about science with this sweet Halloween science experiment. It is so much fun! Via KidsActivitiesBlog
2. DIY Monster Slime Experiment
This Halloween slime is a great experiment and sensory activity. Make a mixture that splats, sticks, oozes, flops and stretches!! just one of the genius recipes for play by Caroline Gravino of Salsa Pie for PBS Parents
3. Dripping Pumpkins Halloween Science Activity
Your kids will be mesmerized by all the gorgeous colorful paint drippage! This is one of the better easy Halloween experiments, perfect for younger students and your young scientists! So fun by There’s Just One Mommy.
4. Flying Tea Bag Ghosts Science Experiment
Kids science doesn’t get much cooler than these fun flying tea bag ghosts! via Playdough To Plato. What a fun way to learn about convection and air pressure. I love stem education.
5. Slimy Pumpkin Fun for Toddlers and Little Ones Science Activity
This looks like the best, drizzly, slimy goodness. Even the moms couldn’t keep their hands out of it! see the magic play group on MeriCherry. This is such a fun experiment, the red slime looks almost like fake blood. This is one of the coolest Halloween sensory activities and great for younger kids.
5. 5 Messy Ways To Learn About The Brain Using Halloween Science Experiments
Perfect for Halloween or Mad Scientist parties – I think the play dough surgery is my favourite. Love these educational spooky science activities. via leftbraincraftbrain
6. Pumpkin Goop / Oobleck Science Experiment
The very best gloopy messy seasonal sensory play, starting with choosing the pumpkin! check out this fun recipe from sunhatsandwellieboots
7. Fun Bubbling Slime Science Experiment
Exciting bubbling action that lasts through the day – this no-cook recipe is fun to make and fun to play with. fab idea from epicfunforkids
8. Melting Halloween Hands Science Experiment
Salt and Ice Experimenting – awesome activity for kids by Happy Houligans. Watch the kids work together until they get the very last Halloween goody out of the ice.
9. Spooky Eruptions Halloween Science Experiment
Kids adore fizzing activities and this one, with a Halloween twist, will delight for sure!! This is one of my favorite awesome Halloween science activities. I really love Halloween stem activities. My kids don’t even know they’re learning! via blogmemom
10. Jack-o-Lantern Squish Bag for Babies and Toddlers Science Activity
This takes only about two minutes to put together, and your kids will just love to play with them. One of the easiest activities in this list of Halloween science experiments. The photographs are adorable on fantasticfunandlearning
5 Great Science Experiments Using Left-over Candy
11. Fun Candy Halloween Science Experiments
What to do with ALL that Halloween candy?!? ¦ in the name of science just sacrifice some! with playdrhutch
12. Creepy Crawlies & Candy Halloween Science Experiments
Marshmallows and liquorice creations. Great fun from inspirationlaboratories
13. Science Experiment With Halloween Candy
15. Candy Science Experiments To Try This Halloween
Make fun experiments with the candy you can’t or won’t eat because of the colorings in it. Colorful candy is perfect for these candy experiments. This would be a fun time for older students like kindergarteners. via KidsActivitiesBlog
16. Candy Corn Sensory Slime Science Activity
Every year my kids get lots of candy and they can’t eat it all. So here are some great ideas for it! Use your left over candy corn for for a fun sensory experience with Craftulate
4 Fun Sensory Science Experiments Using Touch, Sight, Sound, and Smell
17. Pumpkin-cano Sensory Science Experiment
Just watch your kids faces when they see the fizzing foam come out! love this from littlebinsforlittlehands (photo above)
18. Make Some Spooky Noises With This Fun Halloween Science Activity
Makes eerie sounds like a creaking door or creaking steps with a plastic cup! defiantly making with the help of Science Sparks
19. Static Electricity Dancing Ghosts and Bats Science Experiment
Use the technique in this Kids Activities Blog to create dancing paper ghosts, pumpkins bats for Halloween static fun, Just cut simple pumpkin, bat and ghost shapes from tissue paper and watch the magic
20. Exploring Pumpkins Science Sensory Activity
Learning about the life cycle of a pumpkin – dig in and squish away with Earlylivingideas.
Ooey, Gooey Halloween Science Experiments
21. Fizzing Eyeballs Halloween Science Experiment
Oh My!! this is a must do activity for kids this Halloween. what fun!! photo below left by Little Bins For Little Hands for b-inspiredmama
22. Surprise Eruptions Science Experiment
More baking soda and vinegar mixed with googly eyes, plastic spiders – whatever you have at hand!! great Halloween science fun via simplefunforkids
23. Glow in the Dark Play Dough Science Activity
Aren’t the effects magical!! see how to make on sunhatsandwellieboots
24. A Rotten Halloween Science Adventure
What happens to the pumpkin when you leave it to rot after Halloween? Hello, Science Project! right here on KidsActivitiesBlog
MORE SCIENCE FUN From Kids Activities Blog:
- Check out these salt science projects!
- Doing a temperature project? Then you’ll need this sleep number temperature balancing sheet.
- Make an electromagnetic train
- Make science festive with these Halloween science lab activities.
- Science doesn’t have to be overly complex. Try out these simple science experiments.
- You won’t be able to look away from these 10 science experiments.
- Science can be sweet with these science experiments with soda.
- With the seasons changing these 10 weather science experiments are perfect!
- It’s never too soon to start teaching science. We have plenty of preschool science experiments!
- Need more? We have plenty of science lessons for preschoolers!
- Try these simple and easy experiments!
- Learn about physical science with this ball and ramp experiment.
- Learn about air pressure with these simple air experiments for preschoolers.
- The science spot chemistry edition has a ton of experiments your kids will love.
- Check out these Mars 2020 Perseverance Rover science printables.
- Looking for more educational activities? Try these easy stem projects.
- Don’t miss this free printable periodic table!
- What is an atom? Find out with these worksheets!
- Check out what happens when you microwave ivory soap!
- Find out how muscles work with this balloon model!
- Learn about Grossology! The science of all things gross!
- Check out these 2 air pressure experiments!
- Learn how to grow crystals with borax and pipe cleaners!
- Curious to see what happens when you drop a penny from the Empire State building?
Which Halloween science experiments did you try out? Comment below and let us know, we’d love to hear from you!