These 31 Halloween costumes for boys are handmade and TOTALLY AWESOME!! If your boys are anything like mine, they love to dress up year round, so your hard work is sure to see more than one night’s worth of action. There are just so many awesome homemade costumes for boys packed into this list!
Also be sure to check out our list of 40+ Easy Homemade Costumes for Kids for even more homemade Halloween costume ideas!
31 “Totally Awesome” DIY Costumes for Boys
Kids LOVE Cool Homemade Halloween Costumes!
- Freak out the neighbors with this cool Frankenstein shirt! -via Kids Activities Blog
- Dinosaur Train lovers will flip for this dinosaur costume by Buzzmills.
- This DIY Toothless homemade boys costume inspired by How to Train Your Dragon is so adorable! -via Make It Love It
- Don’t forget to make this Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon costume too–it’s a great tutorial to add to your list of great Halloween costumes for boys! -via Make It Love It
- Mario and Luigi are classics! Get all the DIY details at Smashed Peas and Carrots.
- Check out this DIY Pirate costume by Poofy Cheeks.
- Who knew you could make such an awesome Spiderman costume? Get the DIY details on Skirt as Top.
- Chipmunk fans will love this Alvin homemade Halloween costume idea. -via Costume Works
- Don’t miss out on the TMNT craze! Make this totally cool no-sew Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume by A Night Owl.
- Create this amazing astronaut costume with duct tape! From My Life of Travels and Adventures.
Super Cool Homemade Boy Costumes
- How CUTE is this homemade lumberjack costume?! -via Costume Works
- Electrical tape turns an ordinary rain coat into an awesome firefighter costume! Get all the details at small + friendly.
- Check out this no sew Paw Patrol boys costume for Halloween (or anytime of the year). -via Kids Activities Blog
- This is so ADORABLE! It’s a Prince Charming homemade Halloween costume for boys! -via Make It and Love It
- I love this train costume! -via The Ophoffs
Totally Awesome Halloween Costumes for Boys!
- Here’s an easy DIY dinosaur costume anyone can make! -via Scottsdale Moms Blog
- Can you have a Halloween without Batman? Check out this great up cycle by Red Ted Art.
- Your little tech nerd will love our ipad Halloween costume with free app printables. -via Kids Activities Blog
- This tutorial shows you how to make the coolest robot ever…this is so clever! -via Paging Fun Mums
- Cozy, cute, and cool these Angry Birds are perfect Halloween costumes from I Can Teach My Child.
The BEST DIY Boy Costume Ideas
- Cardboard and tinfoil are the base of this classic robot costume by small + friendly.
- A popular Halloween costume for boys is a knight. Get all the directions to make your own! -via Simple Living by Lena Sekine
- Make your little munchkin into a Munchkin from Wizard of Oz in this DIY Halloween costume for boys idea. -via eHow
- Make your own DIY Ash Ketchum from Pokemon boys costume! -via Kids Activities Blog
- This simple lego costume is perfect for your little builder!
- Perfect for boys, these Gold Ninja from Ninjago and Bowser from Mario Brothers costumes rule! From Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky!
- Have no artistic or crafting abilities? Your kid can be a stick figure then! -via My Crazy Good Life
- Buy the mask, make the shirt! Check out this great Power Rangers costume by Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky!
- I love this fun twist on a cowboy costume by 3 Boys and a Dog.
- Star Wars fans will love this simple no sew Star Wars tunic for homemade Halloween costumes. -via Mom Endeavors
- Big Hero 6 fans will love this Baymax Costume (2 ways!) by All For The Boys.
I hope you’re inspired to create a super cool handmade Halloween costume for the little boy(s) in your life!