Troll Hair Costume Tutorial
Looking for a classic costume that defies the ages? This Troll Hair Costume Tutorial will make your little troll the hit of the party.
Quick and Easy DIY Troll Costume For Kids
“Mom, I need to wear a costume tomorrow!”
Nothing like last-minute requests…
However, with the revival of some of the best toys made through the ages and the debut of the Trolls movie, the troll is now in – again.
Related: More DIY Halloween costumes
Of course it doesn’t hurt to have Justin Timberlake or Anna Kendrick to be behind the new wave of fun of fun!
So get on the fun train especially since it’s this easy to remake your goblin into a troll! We are so excited to partner with Dynacraft for this simple tutorial.
Easy and Colorful Troll Hair Costume
While idea of turning your kid into a troll is what we as parents are trying NOT to do, with just a few minutes and a soda bottle, you’ll have an adorable costume.
That’s right – the trick to this costume is all in the hair! In just a few minutes (like five to be exact)…
This post contains affiliate links
- Spray hair dye (the brighter the better, but pink or purple seem to do the best.)
- Hair tie (coated rubberband works perfect)
- 20 oz. plastic soda bottle (clear is best)
Here’s how to create troll hair costume with this Troll Hair with this tutorial.
Directions To Make This Troll Hair Costume
- To really create the Troll costume, there are so many options.
- The clothes can actually be anything – from a nude-color leotard with a pair of shorts or skirt or anything at all. Many trolls love bright clothing, so let your kiddo choose their own outfit!
- Of course, if you’re gonna go the extra mile for your little troll, then surprise them with the ultimate Troll car.
Video: Watch How To Create Trolls Hairstyle
- Brush out your child’s hair to begin with.
- Separate your child’s hair, the top half being used in a high pony tail. Leave some loose.
- You’re going to use a soda bottle in the top pony tail.
- Use the loose hair to cover the bottle.
- Tie the hair and bottle together at the top.
- Use hairspray to keep it in place.
- Now use your colored hair spray to make your child’s hair look like troll hair!
Our Experience With This Troll Hair and Troll Halloween Costume
My child LOVES her Troll car so we incorporated it into her costume since trolls love music so much. But I found a couple things out with this costume.
Your kiddo’s hair will raise on its own when this baby rolls into the driveway. It really will look like troll hair after she is done zooming around getting candy.
MORE DIY HALLOWEEN COSTUMES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Toy Story Costumes we love
- Baby Halloween costumes have never been cuter
- Bruno costume will be big this year on Halloween!
- Disney Princess costumes you don’t want to miss
- Looking for boys Halloween costumes that girls will love too?
- LEGO costume you can make at home
- Ash Pokemon costume we this is really cool
- Pokemon costumes you can DIY
More Hair Ideas From Kids Activities Blog
- Crazy hair day ideas for kids of all ages
- Braided hairstyle for girls
- Holiday hair you don’t want to miss
- Check out these hairstyles for girls of all ages!
How did your troll hair turn out? Is your troll costume totally cute? Comment below and let us know, we’d love to hear from you!
Nice! Thanks for sharing..