A Mom Is Encouraging The Use of Blue Halloween Buckets to Spread Autism Awareness
This Halloween you might notice some different colored Halloween buckets for trick or treating in addition to the traditional orange jack o lantern buckets. Aside from being fun and colorful trick or treating buckets, the color may have a bigger meaning behind it. Read more to find out what the blue bucket and teal bucket might mean this Halloween night.
This article contains affiliate links.
Blue Bucket on Halloween Meaning
One Mom is Encouraging The Use of Blue Halloween Buckets to Spread Autism Awareness and it is worth knowing about!
Now, I don’t want to confuse anyone, these blue buckets are different from the teal buckets that are being used for food allergy awareness.
Halloween Teal Buckets for Allergy Awareness
These are the teal buckets:
Here are a few of our favorite teal buckets:
- Teal Pumpkin Halloween Candy Treat Bucket with Jack o Lantern face
- Light up Teal Pumpkin Halloween Felt Trick or Treat Bucket with LED lights
- Traditional jack o’ lantern plastic teal bucket
- Teal Pumpkin Project awareness yard flag
Halloween Blue Buckets for Autism
The Blue Buckets are a way to help others be aware that a child may be autistic and unable to speak up and say “trick-or-treat” while out this Halloween.
History of the Blue Bucket at Halloween
The idea came from a mom named Michelle Koenig from East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania who has a 5-year-old son with autism. Since he is going out for the first time this Halloween, she wanted a way to help bring awareness to him and children that may have a difficult time saying “trick-or-treat” while visiting houses for candy.
Another mom posted on Facebook and had her post go viral (it has since been deleted) but it said:
“This year we will be trying the blue bucket to signify he has autism. Please allow him (or any other person with a blue bucket) to enjoy this day and don’t worry I’ll still say ‘trick or treat’ for him.
This holiday is hard enough without any added stress. Thank you in advance.”
This is a great think to keep in mind this Halloween.
You can get a Blue Halloween Buckets Here
Now We Need a HALLOWEEN COSTUME for trick or treating!
- We have even more homemade Halloween costumes!
- We also have 15 more Halloween boy costumes!
- Be sure to check out our list of 40+ Easy Homemade Costumes for Kids for even more homemade Halloween costume ideas!
- Looking for costumes for the whole family? We have some ideas!
- Don’t miss out on these adorable wheelchair costumes!
- This DIY Checker Board costume for kids is super cute.
- On a budget? We have a list of inexpensive Halloween costume ideas.
- We have a big list of the most popular Halloween costumes!
- How to help your child decide their Halloween costume whether it is scary like the grim reaper or an awesome LEGO.
- These are the most original Halloween costumes EVER!
- This company makes free Halloween costumes for children in wheelchairs, and they’re amazing.
- Take a look at these 30 Enchanting DIY Halloween costumes.
- Celebrate our everyday heroes with these Halloween costumes like a police officer, fireman, trash man, etc.
Did you know about the Halloween blue bucket for autism? Do you know of any other awareness colors we are missing this year for trick or treating?