How cute is this DIY LEGO costume? Would your LEGO enthusiast love to wear a giant DIY LEGO costume for Halloween this year? Let us help you with this fun idea – just one of our many homemade Halloween costumes. We at Kids Activities Blog just love costumes like this that are cheap and easy to make!
Super Easy Lego Halloween Costume For Kids
Needing a quick and easy Halloween costume? This DIY LEGO costume is perfect! Why? Well, it’s:
- Uses recycled materials like cardboard and boxes.
- Budget-friendly- only needs minimal crafting supplies.
- Easy to make!
- Can be customized by using your favorite color.
- Perfect for kids of all ages and even adults.
Related: More DIY Halloween costumes
LEGOs are a staple in our house. From an early age my kids loved LEGOs, so making this LEGO Halloween costume was an exciting time in my house!
How To Make A DIY LEGO Costume
This post contains affiliate links.
- Square carboard box or rectangular cardboard box
- Spray paint of your favorite color
- Hot glue gun
- Ribbon or string
- Hole punch
Directions To Make A LEGO Halloween Costume
- Cut the flaps off your box.
- Take your box and cut out leg, arm, and head holes. Cut out circles from the top of the box, bottom of the box, and the sides.
- Spray paint your box your child’s favorite color.
- Allow it to fully dry.
- Take the flaps and trace circles on it with a marker.
- Cut out the circles.
- Glue them to the from of your LEGO costume.
- Punch holes in the box to tie your ribbon or string to make arm loops.
- Tie the ribbon or strings to back, making loops for the arms so your child’s costume won’t fall off.
Finished Homemade LEGO Costume
There! Your super cute and easy LEGO costume is finished! Be a long LEGO, a square LEGO, whatever your favorite LEGO is!
Our Experience Making A Homemade LEGO Costume
We try to make the kids costumes each Halloween. This year, Lowes inspired us to “think outside the box” and with the help of a giant appliance box (Thank you handy shopping assistant Doug!!) and a couple of cans of spray paint as well as several smaller boxes we had Legos. Human Legos.
Lego blocks are one of our favorite things to play with. All. Day. Long. The kids absolutely love building and creating.
Red is my son’s favorite color. He’s thrilled with his costume – and I was thrilled with how easy it was to create. All it took was a short trip to my local Lowes.
MORE DIY HALLOWEEN COSTUMES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- Toy Story Costumes we love
- Baby Halloween costumes have never been cuter
- Bruno costume will be big this year on Halloween!
- Disney Princess costumes you don’t want to miss
- Looking for boys Halloween costumes that girls will love too?
- DIY Checkers Halloween Costume you can make at home
- Ash Pokemon costume we this is really cool
- Pokemon costumes you can DIY
How did your LEGO costume turn out? Comment below and let us know, we’d love to hear you!