Keep this amazing list of over 40 Easy Homemade Costumes for Kids nearby because Halloween is fast approaching! There’s something special and fun about homemade costumes that everybody loves. Nothings garners more oohs and aahs than a well put together DIY Halloween costume for kids. All of these homemade costumes are easily made…no seamstress skills or design degree needed!
Here’s some costumes kids will wear all year round.
Let’s Make a Homemade Halloween Costume!
- Before you look at anything else, stop and check out this DIY Glinda and Wicked Witch of the West homemade Halloween costumes. -via Simple As That
- Make homemade Halloween costumes extra fancy with some Face Paint Ideas.
- Easily make a Lego costume with an empty appliance box and some spray paint. -via Kids Activities Blog
- Cardboard boxes, aluminum foil and duct tape are the basis of this amazing robot costume. From Small + Friendly.
- Have a kid that’s gotta catch them all? Check out our easy no sew Pokemon Ash costume! -via Kids Activities Blog
- Have your kid go as a book character! Isn’t this Charlotte’s Web halloween costume so adorable?! -via Seeker of Happiness
- This red fox costume is made from an old jacket and a sweater along with a few other crafty materials. From The Paper Mama.
- I am so making this lumberjack costume this year! I love easy homemade costumes for kids. -via Make It and Love It
- You are going to fall in love with this If You Give a Mouse a Cookie costume. -via Seeker of Happiness
- A big can of spray paint and a handful of thrift store items made this incredible toy army man costume from Wild Ink.
- Your kids will make a lightening entrance in this cute rain cloud costume. -via Fairfield World
- This Statue of Liberty costume is easy for you and your kids to make together. From Milk and Cuddles.
You’ll Have So Much FUN Making these Homemade Costumes!
- You probably already have most everything you need to make this Minion costume inspired by Despicable Me right at home! From Hodge Podge Craft.
- Here’s a budget friendly Halloween costume idea — I want to eat this pizza costume right up! -via DIY network
- This Starbucks tall caramel frappacino costume gives me a “latte” joy! Just sayin’. -via Costume Works
- Use a roll of toilet paper to make a simple mummy costume! -via Kids Activities Blog
- Duuuuuuude. Here’s a fun homemade hippie costume. -via Eat Sleep Make
- Beginner readers will adore this Olivia costume…and you will too! -via Seeker of Happiness
- Make your own mermaid costume by creating these simple, no-sew mermaid tails from shiny fabric, velcro and super glue. From Living Locurto.
- Butterfly in the sky…I can fly twice as high! Take a look…at this felt monarch butterfly homemade costume! -via Buggy and Buddy
- If you have at least a little sewing ability you can make this awesome Angry Birds costume. From I Can Teach My Child.
- Grab a pair of overalls and some burlap and make this easy scarecrow Halloween costume. -via Costume Works
So Many Homemade Costume Ideas
- If you have a little boy that is a Frozen fan, he will adore this incredible, no-sew Kristoff costume. From Mom Endeavors.
- You can make two incredibly awesome light up jellyfish costumes for under $30! I love this homemade Halloween costume! -via The Mama Mary Show
- This tutorial for a Buzz Lightyear costume is amazing and it requires no sewing! From Fun at Home With Kids.
- This is such a great idea! Use a cardboard box and spray foam insulation to make this homemade popcorn box costume. -via Costume Pop
- Make a beautiful pair of wings for a ladybug costume with a little leftover cardboard. From No Time for Flash Cards.
- This UP old man costume is so stinkin’ cuuuute! -via Brit & Co.
- If your kids love Rio, you can make this fun Blue costume out of felt. From Mama Miss.
- This garden knome costume is a quick project using old clothes from home. From Adventure in a Box.
- Use empty soda bottles to make this adorable scuba diver costume for kids! -via Delineate Your Dwelling
DIY Costumes Make the BEST Kids Halloween Costumes
- Make this beautiful rainbow fish costume (no-sew!) from pieces of felt. From Here Come The Girls.
- This no-sew supergirl costume is so much fun for a little girl! From Mama Papa Bubba.
- Little boys and girls will cheer for this diy viking costume. -via Lia Griffith
- Easily make a fireman costume with this DIY air tank made from recycled plastic bottles. From Crayon Box Chronicles.
- My Little Pony fans will LOVE this Rainbow Dash homemade costume! -via Grosgrain
- Star Wars fans will love this Rey Star Wars easy homemade costume with a very detailed tutorial. -via Galactic Glitter
- One of the easiest DIY costumes I’ve seen is this amazing scientist costume from Happiness is Homemade.
- A diy unicorn costume? I am pretty sure this homemade costume is MAGICAL. -via Craftaholics Anonymous
- This Diary of a Wimpy Kid costume is adorable and incredibly easy to make. From Living Locurto.
- Words do not describe how awesome this Young Maleficent homemade costume is. -via Dear Lizzy
What costumes are your kids requesting this year?