This Company Makes Free Halloween Costumes For Kids In Wheelchairs and My Heart Is Full
There is a company focusing on making wheelchair Halloween costumes and I absolutely love it! Inclusive Halloween costumes are a must. Because Halloween is such a magic time of year for kids–trick or treating, parties, and of course, designing the perfect Halloween costume.
Wheelchair Halloween Costumes
One company has gone above and beyond to make sure that an extra special experience is within reach for children who are in wheelchairs, by designing costume that work with and over their chairs, all free of charge for the families!
There are so many cute Halloween costumes from cars to super heroes, these are amazing!
Why Did Ryan Weimer Start Making Wheelchair Halloween Costumes?
Magic Wheelchair is the brainchild of Ryan Weimer, whose son Keaton was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy at the age of 9 months.
Shortly after receiving his first wheelchair, Keaton wanted to be a pirate for Halloween. And so Ryan constructed a pirate ship for his chair. Magic Wheelchair was born.
Magic Wheelchair Gives Free Halloween Costumes To Kids Each Year
Each year, Magic Wheelchair and its design teams select several children to receive a free Halloween costume, designed with the child’s vision in mind.
They’ve created a variety of superhero costumes, include an “invisible” jet for Wonder Woman, Transformers, airplanes, Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon, carriages, Tie Fighters, and so many more amazing costumes.
Weimer Shares More About The Process Of Creating Halloween Wheelchair Costumes
Weimer shares more about the process of creating his own son’s costumes:
“Ultimately, creating each costume provides an awesome experience. Taking something from Keaton’s imagination and seeing it realized as we hit the streets with our kids leading the way. People are amazed and it is a great opportunity for us to let people know about SMA and MD.”
Magic Wheelchair’s mission is to to bring communities together to create unforgettable moments for children around the world by transforming their wheelchairs into magic.
The resulting costumes are any child’s dream and a true gift to the community.
To learn more about Magic Wheelchair, donate financially or volunteer your building talents, or to learn about applying for one of their costumes, you can visit MagicWheelchair.org.
More Awesome Halloween Costumes From Kids Activities Blog:
- We have even more homemade Halloween costumes!
- We also have 15 more Halloween boy costumes!
- Be sure to check out our list of 40+ Easy Homemade Costumes for Kids for even more homemade Halloween costume ideas!
- Looking for costumes for the whole family? We have some ideas!
- This DIY Checker Board costume for kids is super cute.
- On a budget? We have a list of inexpensive Halloween costume ideas.
- We have a big list of the most popular Halloween costumes!
- How to help your child decide their Halloween costume whether it is scary like the grim reaper or an awesome LEGO.
- These are the most original Halloween costumes EVER!
- This company makes free Halloween costumes for children in wheelchairs, and they’re amazing.
- Take a look at these 30 Enchanting DIY Halloween costumes.
- Celebrate our everyday heroes with these Halloween costumes like a police officer, fireman, trash man, etc.
Do you love these wheelchair Halloween costumes? Let us know down in the comments what you think about them!